Watch two dimes by Rosen but the Phins come up broke. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch two dimes by Rosen but the Phins come up broke.

A couple of plays, two plays apart, that would've helped build the young QB's confidence, but sometimes when the wheels come off, they REALLY come off.

What impresses me and shows me he is a starting caliber QB is on the play to Preston he looks off the safety and then turns Preston's way and drops a dime....

As a Tannehill supporter in the past he never had those QB attributes the elite have and Rosen gots it in his second year.

Rosen is still going to make mistakes and throws some picks but he will continue to grow and has the potential of become the Real Deal!!

Very impressive effortless strokes by Rosen.

But I think both those balls we're about .25 inch off...

:mad:
You could say the second pulled Williams a wee bit out of bounds and it would have had to have been a great play on his part to make it work in bounds. I have no idea what Rosen could have done better on the first one to Grant. I love Grant, but I can't make any excuse on his end for that. Great anticipation throwing early before Grant even beat his man, which allowed the ball to be thrown with enough loft to put it out of the defender's reach (you watching that Tannehill?)...didn't have to break stride...lands on hands right in front of Grant's face...perfect IMO.

Decent throws. Nothing spectacular.

I expect him to throw those passes well, Ryan Tannehill did too, he lacks in every other aspect besides pocket presence to be a future star.

To be fair, Rosen is being put in late in two colossal blowouts when the defense is able to pin their ears back and not have to worry about a comeback. I would like to see him start a game and see how well prepared he is and how well the coaches prepared their game plan for him. I am not forming a solid opinion just yet based on mop-up duty. If he is a viable option, I would rather see it sooner rather than later when the team goes through injuries and players stop trying.

When I see passes like that and the see this coaching staff continue to run Fitzpatrick out there, it makes me question their intelligence.
Maybe because they have a strategy unbeknownst to you.

Yeah they gutted this team so they can get the first overall pick and take an olineman for Rosen. That makes a lot of sense. Or maybe a DE so he can have PTSD again going into year 3.
This is such narrow-minded thinking.

They "gutted the team" for draft picks, not for a single player or position. Not even for a specific pick.

You could say the second pulled Williams a wee bit out of bounds and it would have had to have been a great play on his part to make it work in bounds. I have no idea what Rosen could have done better on the first one to Grant. I love Grant, but I can't make any excuse on his end for that. Great anticipation throwing early before Grant even beat his man, which allowed the ball to be thrown with enough loft to put it out of the defender's reach (you watching that Tannehill?)...didn't have to break stride...lands on hands right in front of Grant's face...perfect IMO.

honestly think they were both exceptional long balls that should have been caught...

I think Williams honestly lost the ball...

Grant... Well. I think most HS WRs catch that ball.

He needs to work on his hands and tracking the ball over and over and over again.

Until he cramps!

First time I am seeing these plays with replay. It broke my heart seeing these two drops. What I was so fascinated by was how effortless Rosen throws these two passes.
Kid has a great arm...people that are discounting him are making a mistake.

I fully expect a great competition in 2020 between Rosen and the number one overall!

This is such narrow-minded thinking.

They "gutted the team" for draft picks, not for a single player or position. Not even for a specific pick.

So they think they got a franchise QB on the roster and they neuter the team around him? The said QB is playing backup. They do this in the same year that the best QB prospect in nearly a decade is coming out. You think thats a coincidence? You think they are gonna have the top pick in the draft and not take a QB? We gonna start the rebuild with an offensive tackle? Connecting the dots shouldnt be hard here.

I feel bad for Rosen, he couldn't have been jettisoned to a worse franchise/situation. Clearly he's not in the Fins long term picture. A disastrous offense all around including the coaching. He's going to get to play one way or the other but I don't see any way he doesn't get injured, hopefully not a career threatening injury because Grier has put all of our qb's careers on the line with his gutting of the roster. This line is only going to get worse as the season progresses, there will be injuries and the more film we show, teams defenses are going to eat us alive. Actually I feel bad for any qb that has suit up for us.

I disagree with that. You have insider information, do you?? They are not starting him yet for a plethora of reasons - he wouldve been killed behind this line, he had trouble reading defenses during TC, and I truly think the brass wanted him to see a couple of weeks of Fitzpatricks weekly prep from ingesting film to weekly meetings to reviewing the week prior...he didnt have that example in Arizona. Fitz isnt a great qb but he is a consumate professional and has had relative success. I think the post bye weekend is when Rosen starts, and they will evaluate what they have for the rest of the season...

I disagree with that. You have insider information, do you?? They are not starting him yet for a plethora of reasons - he wouldve been killed behind this line, he had trouble reading defenses during TC, and I truly think the brass wanted him to see a couple of weeks of Fitzpatricks weekly prep from ingesting film to weekly meetings to reviewing the week prior...he didnt have that example in Arizona. Fitz isnt a great qb but he is a consumate professional and has had relative success. I think the post bye weekend is when Rosen starts, and they will evaluate what they have for the rest of the season...

Again, why would they neuter the nut sack off this offense and say "Hey Rosen, here you go kid. Lets see what you can do with this expansion team". I am not talking just talking about the development of Rosen but also the risk of having him out there for 14 games behind a line of backups. He's probably not making it 14 games without a serious injury. Do you think in this era of bubble wrapping QBs, do you do that when you think you got something special at QB? Hell no. He's seen as what he's currently playing. A backup.

So they think they got a franchise QB on the roster and they neuter the team around him? The said QB is playing backup. They do this in the same year that the best QB prospect in nearly a decade is coming out. You think thats a coincidence? You think they are gonna have the top pick in the draft and not take a QB? We gonna start the rebuild with an offensive tackle? Connecting the dots shouldnt be hard here.
I think it's safe to say they don't know either way.

What I like is, he doesn't stare down the reciever. He recognizes the coverage, knows he will have man to man coverage on the outside, has a quick release, and delivers a catchable ball. Both of them should have been caught, but that's not the point of the post. I think with a good o line he can be successful.

Back
Top Bottom