Watched Most of Buffalo Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watched Most of Buffalo Game

I'll be honest, I expected Miami to beat New England in a close one. Great play by X. Howard as the Patriots were driving and looking to take a lead. Sweet to get a win on the road at New England. Seems like forever since the Dolphins opened the season with a victory.

But this Buffalo game is one I want BADLY. It's the Bills who are standing in the Dolphins way and Flores, for all he's accomplished, hasn't figured out Buffalo. Plus, that ugly win at the end of the year needs to be avenged!

Some observations from the Buffalo versus Pittsburgh game which was on locally here.

The Bills defense was outstanding in the first half. Big Ben really earned this one, chipping away in the second, often with pressure all around him.

Buffalo's secondary looks beatable, but the front seven is championship caliber. A tough opponent and it really calls for Tua and the passing game to get the ball out quick. I think Waddle and Wilson will play key roles.

Up and down game for Allen. He missed a wide open receiver deep in the first half that would have been a touchdown. That actually turned out to be a big miss. He did make some crucial runs, but was high on some throws.

Pittsburgh did a good job pressuring Allen, especially in the second half. That's where Miami has struggled. The Dolphins have to disrupt Allen to have a chance.

Hard to imagine Miami having a lot of success running the ball, but they have to keep at it.

I can't wait. I have a feeling Flores and the team feels the same way.

Generic answer. Two observations.
I hate for a good team to lose to a worse team a week before playing Miami.
It's always tougher to play a good team the week after winning an emotionally draining game

I really expect the offense to have to generate production around their below average offensive live all year. That's what happened today and I don't expect it to be much different versus Buffalo at all. The real question is whether or not the defense can do enough to make this a winnable game if the offense does the best that can be expected of it. Last it, it was really bad in week two, and in week 17 its just one of the worst defensive efforts any Dolphins team has ever put up.

This can't be a game where the Dolphins offense has to lead drive after drive to keep us in. This needs to be a game where the offense can have a few short drives and three and outs and yet still has a chance to keep the game competitive and in doubt deep into the game.

ill be honest with you SF, I don't see us beating the bills. the bills are just a better team. their front seven is way better then ne and our OL is not good enough yet. hoping for a win but not expecting it.
No question, Buffalo is better. Miami has to bring it, play their A game, to have a chance.

The offensive line is clearly a work in progress, but if pass protection can hold up, the Dolphins could get some chunk plays with Waddle, Fuller and Wilson. That could be one advantage for Miami that the team didn't have last year.

I’m usually positive [although not after the fins game today] and i never give up but Buffalo is just a more physical team and Josh Allen can deliver the goods. He’s also known to deliver a bone headed play……we’re gonna need a few of those next week from him to pull off a win.

Pittsburgh contained Allen , the DEs held their ground and forced him to run from the pocket or throw from it. Fitzpatrick was a monster,hopefully, Holland can be one as well. If we do not let their tight end beat us, we can win this game. Our biggest weakness on d was the covering of RBs in the passing game and Buffalo does not have the weapons at rb that the Pats have.

I’m usually positive [although not after the fins game today] and i never give up but Buffalo is just a more physical team and Josh Allen can deliver the goods. He’s also known to deliver a bone headed play……we’re gonna need a few of those next week from him to pull off a win.
I waited all last year for him to make boneheaded plays and he didn't do it.

I waited all last year for him to make boneheaded plays and he didn't do it.
I didn't see one in the Pittsburgh game either. Some high, off the mark throws under pressure. Plus, the overthrow deep that could have been a game changer.

I didn't see one in the Pittsburgh game either. Some high, off the mark throws under pressure. Plus, the overthrow deep that could have been a game changer.
Bad throws aren't boneheaded plays. It is encouraging to see him misfire. For all that he was inaccurate his first few years, this guy was pretty much dealing 30 yard darts to to receivers in stride all last year. Last year he had his mojo and just ran with it. He hasn't found his mojo yet and maybe, just maybe, we can keep him from getting that.

One of my Buffalo friends is convinced that Allen played well last year because there were no fans. He thinks Allen is a completely different player mentally in a full stadium.

One of my Buffalo friends is convinced that Allen played well last year because there were no fans. He thinks Allen is a completely different player mentally in a full stadium.

Well, I've heard weirder theories.

Not sure how much Fuller is going to help next week. We only threw the rock to Wilson once or twice today and I have been beating his drum all off season.

We just don't seem to use our guys like I think we should. However, we did use DVP today as prescribed….DVP should slant his way to 1000 yards this season….no DB can stop that play….and of course he is a high point stud.

I think we lose a close one next week unless Gaskin and Ahmed go bazonkers.

That's an interesting theory. All I know is that Josh Allen used to remind me of a middle schooler playing youth football.

I sat threw the game with a pittsburgh fan today waiting for the miami game at my local sport's bar. This pittsburgh fan kept commenting on how the ref's kept looking out for ole josh like they look out for brady. There was hardly an offensive play that he was not screaming about how they kept holding T.J. Watt and the ref's never called it but once or twice. Get ready for this fact my fellow dolphin fan's because it is coming next week. I sure hope Flo come's up with away to get to him. I do believe you can rattle his cage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom