Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray

Kinda like Jackson. Highlights filled with him running around and bombing it 50 yards to a wide open receiver.

Not even in the same universe as far as arm talent.

Nor are they in the same universe as far as the running talent. Jackson is far superior.
Murray should not be considered a running quarterback. It's a mistake to do so. He will not be a running QB in the NFL.
Murray can run here and there, when there are open lanes, but that is no different than Tannehill. And Murray has quickness to gain chunks in those situtations. But he is not a "running" quarterback. He is just a mobile quarterback, because of his quickness.
Lamar Jackson is a running quarterback, he is unbelievable as a runner.

if murry is there at 13 draft him. if it don't wk draft a qb again in 2021. you still got rest of your draft pick. to make team better in 2019.

Nor are they in the same universe as far as the running talent. Jackson is far superior.
Murray should not be considered a running quarterback. It's a mistake to do so. He will not be a running QB in the NFL.
Murray can run here and there, when there are open lanes, but that is no different than Tannehill. And Murray has quickness to gain chunks in those situtations. But he is not a "running" quarterback. He is just a mobile quarterback, because of his quickness.

I would also say that I don't think Murray will necessarily be a "running qb" in the league, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he could run for 600 yards a season. He had 1,000 yards rushing this year. That's very far away from "not being a running qb."

I would also say that I don't think Murray will necessarily be a "running qb" in the league, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he could run for 600 yards a season. He had 1,000 yards rushing this year. That's very far away from "not being a running qb."

Kyler Murray is a very good passing QB that happens to be an excellent runner.

MiserlyDistantCopepod-max-1mb.gif

I'm sorry, but there are very few players in the NFL that can make that throw.

ContentPepperyGuillemot-max-1mb.gif

He's a hell of a runner

haha stop. The dude ran for over 1,000 and averaged 7.2 yards per carry. "hes no different than Thill". The dude may run a 4.3. It sure looks it on film. He doesn't take hits either. I don't consider him a "running" quarterback because that would be a disservice to him. He's a quarterback. Point blank. Averaged 11.4 yards per pass attempt. He put up stupid numbers. Jackson isnt in the same ballpark as Murray.

i never watched him in college, but his highlights are all deep bombs and long runs. It’s clear the kid has speed and can toss the deep ball. Unfortunately, none of his highlights show any tight throws, short and intermediate stuff, outs etc. Looks like he benefited from a lot of truly wide open receivers and a stellar OL. With his lack of height and size, he is going to have to be very judicious with his running at the NFL level to avoid Pat White hits. The NFL game is really going to shut down a lot of that wide open stuff, too.

Can anyone shed some light on the rest of his game? Can he make all the throws? Can he read defenses and go through progressions? He seems to be a superstar talent, but would love to know more about how his game will likely translate to the NFL.

Here's a better reference:

I would not do that.

Lamar Jackson in last college season had about 250 completions and 230 rushes, about the same.
Tim Tebow had about 215 completion and 215 rushes, about the same.
Cam Newton had 165 completions and about 250 rushes.
Nick Fitzgerald who is the posterchild of rushing QB in this draft had 145 completions and 225 rushes.
Those are rushing quarterbacks.

Murray had 260 completions and 140 rushes. While he did rush a lot, the number is not high enough to call him a rushing quarterback. Haskins for examples rushed about 80 times.
Carson Wentz in his last full season completed about 230 passes and rushed about 140 times. That is more in line with Murray.

Murray is not as big as Cam, Tebow, Fitzgerald, Wentz, and he is not as elusive as Jackson. He is not a rushing quarterback and he will not be a rushing quarterback.

Murray is extremely quick, and in that sense he is extremely mobile, his scrambling can amount to good rushing numbers because of his quickness.

Last edited:
just want to be on record as saying drafting this kid is a huge mistake and i hope we dont.

Kyler Murray would be a dream. Imagine him hitting Albert Wilson after he scrambles out the pocket 50 yards downfield.

Might be fun.

Back
Top Bottom