Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray

Let’s take Murray in the 1st, Grier in the 2nd and Jackson in the 3rd and see what happens.

If given the chance.

I don't know how Murray's highlights can be a cause of concern. Strange thread. His games are available on yt fwiw.

It hurts to read some of the posts in this thread.

Football is a great sport in that everyone gets to decide their own level of involvement. You can be anything from the "I like like to have it on TV in the background" guy, to the guy saying "WTF was with that play call?" at the water cooler the next day, the guy who loves to regurgitate stats, all the way up to the armchair GMs, or even the people who love it so much they actually dive headlong into one of the many and varied cottage industries surrounding the sport.

But it hurts that football is also a sport where EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of the people above has absolutely zero sense for what they don't and can't know, by virtue of the level of involvement they've chosen.

Just saw that Daniel Jeremiah has him going to the Patriots at pick 29 in his latest mock draft. I'm guessing that he'll go much sooner than 29, but I don't like the thought of him being the heir apparent to Brady.

I hate to be seen as on some Tyree Jackson bandwagon (as if there was one) but this guy is 6’ 7” and here’s a highlight video to compare with the all everything hype of pint sized Kyler Murray. Here you can see Tyree throwing to receivers who are not wide open, they all may have a step but the throws are out front on deep balls and pretty much always right where they should be. To me it’s a better reel than watching the Lock type guys who have all day to play catch with a wide open guy. To me this guy has huge upside to play at the next level.

55% accuracy while playing at Buffalo...throwing to a WR that may go in the 1st round (Anthony Johnson).
20190118_142208.jpg

Just saw that Daniel Jeremiah has him going to the Patriots at pick 29 in his latest mock draft. I'm guessing that he'll go much sooner than 29, but I don't like the thought of him being the heir apparent to Brady.

Brady being gone is a huge plus to the rest of the NFL teams...especially our division

Though he's caused a lot of aggravation through my life have to say bottom line is he was and is astonishing to watch such greatness as it was also watching Dan in his career...Don't see anyone doing for Belichick and the Pats what Brady does...

IMO, If the Dolphins like him enough we have the ability to actually get him. Costly ???? depends
if he is what we hope its a steal ...if not, well a big fat thing we are not that unaccustomed to experiencing....We might lose several draftees, but then we may get something pretty damn special to and as far as I'm concerned Damn why not. It's not like we are going anywhere soon anyway...OMG we might miss the playoffs...lol

Putting it another way...

If Murray is that Franchise QB we have been looking for, for forever since Marino

I'd give up Fitzpatrick and Gesicki without a second thought, in fact even add on Baker, All three who I actually like with IMO Fitz a future pro bowler...in other words 1-2 and fight over 3 but do it, if it was a deal breaker.. JMO

Last edited:
It hurts to read some of the posts in this thread.

Football is a great sport in that everyone gets to decide their own level of involvement. You can be anything from the "I like like to have it on TV in the background" guy, to the guy saying "WTF was with that play call?" at the water cooler the next day, the guy who loves to regurgitate stats, all the way up to the armchair GMs, or even the people who love it so much they actually dive headlong into one of the many and varied cottage industries surrounding the sport.

But it hurts that football is also a sport where EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of the people above has absolutely zero sense for what they don't and can't know, by virtue of the level of involvement they've chosen.

I get what your saying, and must admit that I just don’t have the time to “scout” players, or for that matter, the desire to. That said, there are others on this board who do. There are still others who watch a lot of college ball and are familiar with more players than I am. I am interested in their thoughts.

For me, I enjoy watching highlights on possible draft picks, but they tell you very little about that player’s overall game. For Murray, he can run and throw the deep ball. That and the strength of his OL and ability to hit wide open receivers are about all that can be taken away from the highlight reels. For those of you that have watched him when the OL breaks down, when the throw has to squeeze into tight coverage, when the ball should be thrown away,when you need a 4 yard pass, etc, how does he look in those scenarios? I am just curious what the thoughts of the aforementioned fans are.

In no way am I bashing the kid or trying to predict his success. It is simply a fun discussion to be had amongst fellow Fin fans. Murray is controversial because of his tangibles, but I would like to hear about the other things he does well and the things he struggles with more than just whether or not he will be Pat White 2.0.

I’m a Monday morning football expert. Just a guy. But I trust my eyes. Any highlight reel is tape on a guy, even if it is just the best plays. I can be just as unimpressed by a highlight that shows an unpressured guy throwing to a wide open all world receiver as I am impressed with the quick release on a guy that has pocket awareness and throws an incomplete pass off the hands of a mediocre receiver. Even Falk had nice throws to nobodies that caught the eye of most scouts. He was the team. I like those guys too. I look for those guys. Anybody can jump on a Josh Allen highlight reel but then you look a little closer and the guy is really not that great. I like to post my views but I will leave it to the guys getting paid to pour over the tapes and actually attend the games and combines to find “the guy”. We have a lot of off season to kill!

I’m a Monday morning football expert. Just a guy. But I trust my eyes. Any highlight reel is tape on a guy, even if it is just the best plays. I can be just as unimpressed by a highlight that shows an unpressured guy throwing to a wide open all world receiver as I am impressed with the quick release on a guy that has pocket awareness and throws an incomplete pass off the hands of a mediocre receiver. Even Falk had nice throws to nobodies that caught the eye of most scouts. He was the team. I like those guys too. I look for those guys. Anybody can jump on a Josh Allen highlight reel but then you look a little closer and the guy is really not that great. I like to post my views but I will leave it to the guys getting paid to pour over the tapes and actually attend the games and combines to find “the guy”. We have a lot of off season to kill!

I kinda sorta agree with you but as we've seen many times (and not with just the Dolphins) "those guys" often make horrible draft decisions even with all their intel. You'd have to imagine they've watched tons of tape & done in depth background but they screw it up too.

Many of us here have screamed "WHY??!!" on draft day only to then say "Well..they must know/see something we don't"...only to find out, no, they didn't and the pick was terrible.

I know it's an inexact science and that college standouts don't always mean NFL standouts but sometimes I think these scout guys are given way too much credit. They're pretty much guessing on it and with all their expertise still get it wrong often.

I can look at my own mock drafts and I have picked my share of duds too. I do like to dig for some gems that others I feel are over looking. Time has shown I’m no guru either. I have passed on a lot of sure fire prospects that I knew weren’t going to make it and was right, but I think that is a whole lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom