Watching Josh Allen and Mahomes | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Josh Allen and Mahomes

That is three defenses that have frustrated Mahomes and the Chiefs. The game plan. Rush 4, 7 in coverage and 2 deep always. Bills did it mostly with Zone under. Ravens did it with Man under. So seems the key is keep the 2 deep. Do not allow them the big play and make every drive methodical.
Smart defense.

Bills seem like they know what they are doing. There window is now.

Lol comparing those two situations. 2017 they were in the playoffs. It was in no way the same or even comparable rebuild

It isn't comparable because they didn't let the stooge Doug Whaley that made them mediocre rebuild the team.

They tore down that 2017 team and rebuilt it in 2 off-seasons; meanwhile we're going on 3 off-seasons and apparently need another one.

Mahomie needs to start taking what the D gives him and stop trying to cute and make a "Mahomes play" on ever single down. In this season (not last or the year before) I would take Allen over Mahomes because Allen is running the O from the pocket first and then trying to make plays second. Pat has lost his way and if I were Holmgren I'd be pulling him aside this week and saying "make the simple play first please and don't try to be superman on ever down".
Chiefs as a whole particularly Mahomes is playing like they are still lost from the SB beat down

Like he can wipe the taste out of his mouth by trying to hard - rather than taking what the D is giving

Chiefs as a whole particularly Mahomes is playing like they are still lost from the SB beat down

Like he can wipe the taste out of his mouth by trying to hard - rather than taking what the D is giving
There D is terrible too, like Miami terrible. lol.

There D is terrible too, like Miami terrible. lol.
Truth their D is not what it once was ours hasn’t been good for awhile we get opportunistic TOs and people call us a top D

We don’t stop other teams sometimes they stop themselves

KC was still late in that game late even tho KC gave some TOs up - I think the INT called back on the phantom roughing call was the straw that broke their backs

KC had the ball at midfield with time on the clock

Meanwhile their D just holds up enough for Mahomes to right the ship and he of course didn’t

I expect KC to be a force in the POs still and maybe not being the favourite will be advantageous

Yeah? What about Brady or Brees? How do you explain their success?
You don't think of Brees as a mobile QB ? I get Brady but he's a different kind - pocket presence and knowing whento step up, move to the side, etc. Brady effective using limited mobility.

Truth their D is not what it once was ours hasn’t been good for awhile we get opportunistic TOs and people call us a top D

We don’t stop other teams sometimes they stop themselves

KC was still late in that game late even tho KC gave some TOs up - I think the INT called back on the phantom roughing call was the straw that broke their backs

KC had the ball at midfield with time on the clock

Meanwhile their D just holds up enough for Mahomes to right the ship and he of course didn’t

I expect KC to be a force in the POs still and maybe not being the favourite will be advantageous
Agree but that was not as horrible as the phantom holding call on Morse the play before that would have given the Bills a 1st down on their own 30. At least that ticky tack roughing call is in the rule book.

"A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight."

Another thing, Bills had problems at guard... put in a 17th round rookie from this year's draft who is blowing it up.
It isn't comparable because they didn't let the stooge Doug Whaley that made them mediocre rebuild the team.

They tore down that 2017 team and rebuilt it in 2 off-seasons; meanwhile we're going on 3 off-seasons and apparently need another one.
We're on the Jets plan they had with MacCagnan. Grier has to rebuild his own original rebuild.

Another thing, Bills had problems at guard... put in a 17th round rookie from this year's draft who is blowing it up.

We're on the Jets plan they had with MacCagnan. Grier has to rebuild his own original rebuild.

If we don't turn it around, i don't see how you can fathomably sell another Grier rebuild to the fanbase.

You don't think of Brees as a mobile QB ? I get Brady but he's a different kind - pocket presence and knowing whento step up, move to the side, etc. Brady effective using limited mobility.
Clearly the OP is suggesting that to have success you need Allen level mobility in this league. It’s ridiculous.

The arm talent of these top Qbs is incredible, no play is dead with Allen or Mahomes. They can fit the ball 35 yards down the field with a guy completely in their face with no room to step up. It's remarkable. The margin of error that allows for on offense cannot be schemed against.

Love Tua the person, hoping god I'm hoping he manages to lift through this awful situation he's found himself in. But the arm talent and physicality are not there. Tua's margin for error is significantly smaller so he's going to need to be extremely accurate, extremely fast with his reads, and have the necessary coaching/scheme/players.

The NFL is allowing these big time arms to really thrive, we need one.

Allen looked like **** fur 2 years, you remember watching that?

Allen looked like **** fur 2 years, you remember watching that?
Nobody remembers that they want TUA to be Josh Allen now!! Sad how we never let players develop just drop a whole organization on TUA and say kid find your way out.

Back
Top Bottom