Watching Josh Allen and Mahomes | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Josh Allen and Mahomes

Chiefs as a whole particularly Mahomes is playing like they are still lost from the SB beat down

Like he can wipe the taste out of his mouth by trying to hard - rather than taking what the D is giving

Chiefs with Mahomes are starting to remind me of the Seahawks with Russel Wilson. Breakthrough season, he wins superbowl, they look unstoppable, next season get to the superbowl again but beaten. After that Seattle have been a good team but not the dominant force you thought they would turn into like the Pats did. Just eerily similar right now.

Mahomes needs a kick up the backside tbh, his play last night was borderline garbage.

Chiefs with Mahomes are starting to remind me of the Seahawks with Russel Wilson. Breakthrough season, he wins superbowl, they look unstoppable, next season get to the superbowl again but beaten. After that Seattle have been a good team but not the dominant force you thought they would turn into like the Pats did. Just eerily similar right now.

Mahomes needs a kick up the backside tbh, his play last night was borderline garbage.
I agree with the comparable

Yes Mahomes just Wouldn’t take what the D left for him and Hill’s thru the hands was subpar for a guy like that

But like zero pressure from the edge or up the middle made life easy for Josh and the same for Herbert he is never on the ground / KC spent on the Offense live by the sword die by the sword

When Josh ran for yards a yesterday it looks like it his choice to tuck and run he was in very little difficulty and they don’t have the insufferable injuries on Oline / reminds me of the Pats dynasty and they have depth like the pats of yesteryear

Like someone mentioned above Josh just may run himself into an injury at some point this season but he was moving around quite freely back there since Pitt game

By the way Poyers Head shot on Kelce was far too late to be considered a part of the play -

Last edited:

Agree to an extent. But it’s obvious, to me, their D has regressed badly. I believe they were out some starts in the secondary. But man they had a lot of blown coverages.

Also doesn’t help the refs were throwing ridiculous flags of you breathe on Allen. Horrible roughing the passer call.

What a freaking game. Still have not slept. Was wired after the win and road right into work on no sleep. I will crash tonight no Monday Night Football for me.

But man everyone stepped up. Chiefs controlled Diggs for most of the game but Sanders and Knox step up.

The defense rolling with Rookies at DE got pressure all day. Well done Rousseau with a HUGE pick and multiple run stops when needed. Even Basham had a solid day.

What a freaking game. Still have not slept. Was wired after the win and road right into work on no sleep. I will crash tonight no Monday Night Football for me.

But man everyone stepped up. Chiefs controlled Diggs for most of the game but Sanders and Knox step up.

The defense rolling with Rookies at DE got pressure all day. Well done Rousseau with a HUGE pick and multiple run stops when needed. Even Basham had a solid day.

Can only tip my cap, Beane and Mcdermott have put on a master class in team building to the rest of the AFC East and for that matter AFC.

I love the Dolphins but gotta be realistic, Ross doesn't have the first clue how to build a winner. He sure knows how to hire losers.

Allen looked like **** fur 2 years, you remember watching that?
This is the last thing I’ll say in this thread since it’s not Dolphins related.

Through the first 4 games of Allen’s 2nd year he wasn’t exactly playing well. The 4th game was the turning point in Allen’s career.

150 yards 3 Ints and literally knocked out cold trying to go head on with a defender. Right after that game the coach sat him down and had a long talk with him. Coach did NOT want to see anymore hero ball. Every media outlet around these parts (Bills territory reported it)

After that game Allen cleared concussion protocol and was cleared to play the very next game.

Allen went on a 24 total td’s vs 4 int run the rest of the season and clinched a playoff spot within the next 11 games. Resting 95% of week 17 for the playoffs.

To say Allen was just trash year 2 is very misleading so yes I go out of my way to defend. His worst of the worst stats came in those first 4 weeks but ever since that stretch you have the Allen of now.

Tua is coming back after week 5. It’s up to the Dolphins to get behind Tua and give him every opportunity to succeed so they can truly evaluate him as an NFL QB. He does deserve atleast that since he was chosen so high in the draft.

Sorry for the long post

Mahomie needs to start taking what the D gives him and stop trying to cute and make a "Mahomes play" on ever single down. In this season (not last or the year before) I would take Allen over Mahomes because Allen is running the O from the pocket first and then trying to make plays second. Pat has lost his way and if I were Holmgren I'd be pulling him aside this week and saying "make the simple play first please and don't try to be superman on ever down".
lol Reid not Holmgren

We finally get rid of Brady in the division and now we have Allen to deal with for the next 15 years.
What if we had drafted Allen? What would he look like? Probably Tannehill part 2. The Bills did it right and built a powerhouse around him. Plug Allen into this mess.

This is the last thing I’ll say in this thread since it’s not Dolphins related.

Through the first 4 games of Allen’s 2nd year he wasn’t exactly playing well. The 4th game was the turning point in Allen’s career.

150 yards 3 Ints and literally knocked out cold trying to go head on with a defender. Right after that game the coach sat him down and had a long talk with him. Coach did NOT want to see anymore hero ball. Every media outlet around these parts (Bills territory reported it)

After that game Allen cleared concussion protocol and was cleared to play the very next game.

Allen went on a 24 total td’s vs 4 int run the rest of the season and clinched a playoff spot within the next 11 games. Resting 95% of week 17 for the playoffs.

To say Allen was just trash year 2 is very misleading so yes I go out of my way to defend. His worst of the worst stats came in those first 4 weeks but ever since that stretch you have the Allen of now.

Tua is coming back after week 5. It’s up to the Dolphins to get behind Tua and give him every opportunity to succeed so they can truly evaluate him as an NFL QB. He does deserve atleast that since he was chosen so high in the draft.

Sorry for the long post

You are so annoying.

This massive post could have been put into two lines:

Allen’s first 4 games of 2019: *insert bad stats here*
Allen’s last 12 games of 2019: *insert good stats here*

Impressive win to say the least, man. I can't stand KC so I didn't mind seeing it. I don't even mind seeing Buffalo go nuts these days. Can only hope Miami figures things out this decade.

You are so annoying.

This massive post could have been put into two lines:

Allen’s first 4 games of 2019: *insert bad stats here*
Allen’s last 12 games of 2019: *insert good stats here*
Looking back the post wasn’t exactly that massive.

Less talk about Allen and Mahomes…more talk about how Greg Rousseau was a freaking monster and they don’t even use him for a ton of snaps yet.

add it to the things we’re going to want a do over on
Rousseau named afc defensive player of the week in his 5th game after taking a year off and playing less than half the snaps.

So...yeah...

Rousseau named afc defensive player of the week in his 5th game after taking a year off and playing less than half the snaps.

So...yeah...
We love Groot. He is playing so well. But lets not drag Phillips because of what Rousseau is doing, totally different situation was drafted as a DE to play what he is used to playing DE/DT. Phillips is a hand in the dirt DE drafted to be a standup LBer. I remember this going on with Shaq Lawson too, and it killed his growth he couldn't make the transition. Once he was put back into a hand in the dirt DE with McD, he performed.

I have been encouraged with what I have seen from Phillips lately, and you guys should too, he looks like he is still learning by alot, but is starting to play faster and getting more involved. I still think he will be a good one, just has to learn the position. If they would just put him at DE and let him do what he knows there would be more impact sooner. But that is not the path MIA laid out for him.

Back
Top Bottom