Watching The Viking On Mnf | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching The Viking On Mnf

So are you saying all of the things I listed are false? You can look them up yourself if you want.

Except that is not what you highlighted as 'fact'.

Cousins' career has been better than Tannehill's and that's a fact.

Let me help you with what you should have written:

IMO, Cousins' career has been better than Tannehill's. Cousins has a higher completion percentage, TD percentage, INT percentage, YPA, and QB rating than Tannehill does in his career.

The 3rd down conversion allowed by Dolphins supports that view. However the plays allowed and ran points more to the offense being the issue.
The NFL average is 63 and your defense is allowing 64 but your offense is only running 54. In the Patriot game they did allow 75 plays and 28 first downs so that was definitely an issue by the defense. Offense scored quickly reducing the number of plays run in that game. Both units need to work together to ensure we run more plays than the opposition going forward.

Oh no, I agree. The offense can always play better, and the fact that we're more of a quick score offense rather than a sustained drive offense doesn't help that number either. But we're in a situation now where teams are content to run the ball or take deep shots on 1st and 2nd down because they can just pick up 7 yards with alarming frequency on 3rd down.

Miami absolutely needs an immediate change in philosophy as far as third down packages on defense.

Looking at the gamebook we had zero 10+ play drives while NE had four totalling 41 plays.

We had a 3-10 sack, 3-4 sack, 3-23 sack, 3-24 sack, 3-1 sack and an incomplete pass on 3-4 while converting a solitary 3-5. So seven 3rd downs, two 3-20+ due to penalties, one drop and five sacks and a dismal 1/4 on 3rd and short. I'll let someone else apportion blame on the sacks though I remember a blitzer in Tannehills face as he turned around from a playaction.

NE on the other hand converted 6/8 3rd and short as well as two 3-7 , 3-9 and 3-10.

Back
Top Bottom