Watching These Tanehill Hits Will Make You Sick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching These Tanehill Hits Will Make You Sick

Needs to step up and go forward in the pocket there. I remember Marino used to do it, lift his arms up and slide right through.
YES! I posted the same thing in the game thread and was told that Tannehill can step up when there aren't lineman collapsing onto him. I don't believe this is true.

YES! I posted the same thing in the game thread and was told that Tannehill can step up when there aren't lineman collapsing onto him. I don't believe this is true.
I mean you got to try something. Standing there like the slow kid in a dodge ball game isn't going to help anything. Actually dodge ball might be good for him, it may help improve his pocket instincts.

I thought your "step up in the pocket" comment was sarcastic. We're still talking about the play in the first post, right? If he steps up, he steps right into Atkins, no?

Haven't you heard? It's all Tannehill's fault, even when it's not, it's his pocket awareness...

He’d need to hit that hole at the same time he finishes his drop back. That’s some unrealistic expectation you have here I would say.
He's locked on to his receiver the whole time. Some qb's can see the bull rush coming out of the corner of their eye, I guess it's a special trait. That's my issue w/ Tannehill, there's no elusiveness. Like I said I've seen some qbs escape that situation, bad qbs and good qbs, that kind of play is not isolated to Tannehill only. I'm not saying chances of success are good there but he has got to learn to try instead of standing flat footed and folding up. He's got the speed and quickness, he just don't apply it when he's in the pocket.

Someone needs to tell "Red Urine Ryan" run Ryan, run!

I think we all see a bit of what we want to see there;

-Don’t like Tannehill “he should have stepped up”

-Like Tannehill “oline doesn’t give him a chance”

For me it’s a little of both.

What I don’t get is why isn’t Stills running a quick slant there? There is nobody defending the middle of the field!!!!

In my opinion Gase is the real culprit for screwing both Tannehill and the line with his god awful play calls and route designs.

In case you couldn’t tell I don’t like Gase :-)

buying time in the pocket is not what Tannehill does best. Having said that, Larsen is terrible and yet he talked so much crap saying he should have been starting all along.

Remove best.

Protection issues are something that is a league wide issue, and not something exclusive to the Dolphins or Ryan Tannehill.

Yeah to a certain extent. What we saw in the latter stages of that Bengals game was not normal. Sounds like most people around here are not smart enough to distinguish "protection issues" from no protection at all.

and people bitching about Gase not doing anything about it have no clue either. It wasn't like he was dialing long developing routes with double moves. We were barely getting off bubble screens and screens to the TE (the play that resulted in the first defensive score)

Hot routes are only for show. The protection must account for him there and jawuan does just that.

Now if we used dummy counts and got the d to declare and show that blitz as a result and the protection didn’t account for him there then yes he would signal to the wr stills there for the hot. If it’s not just built in without communication necessary. Usually if someone is show blitzing pre snap over a receiving option that receiver will point it out to the the qb pre snap to make sure he sees it.

How do you know so much about football?

Back
Top Bottom