Watson could still be in play for Miami | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson could still be in play for Miami

the year before that he won 10 games. And 11 the year before that. They won 4 games last year because their defense was abysmal. They were 30th in total yards, 31st in QB rating, 29th on 3rd down, last in completion percentage, last in rushing yards, last in yards per carry, last in turnovers. Do you see a Flores defense becoming anywhere near that bad?

Just think about this, Houston only had 9 takeaways. We were 1st with 29.
Keep him away from my team. Period.

Keep him away from my team. Period.
I’m guessing Flores feels differently. Chances are without the allegations Watson would be a Dolphin already. And you’re in for quite the surprise if you don’t think we make that phone call once he settles.

the year before that he won 10 games. And 11 the year before that. They won 4 games last year because their defense was abysmal. They were 30th in total yards, 31st in QB rating, 29th on 3rd down, last in completion percentage, last in rushing yards, last in yards per carry, last in turnovers. Do you see a Flores defense becoming anywhere near that bad?

Just think about this, Houston only had 9 takeaways. We were 1st with 29.
I really don’t think anyone is debating that Watson is the better QB at this time. Yet most of us who believe in Tua feel he will be just as good as Watson in a couple of years. Also there is no way of knowing at this time if Watson will be eligible to play in 2021 while he continues to deal with his legal issues.

Of course even if he is cleared by the NFL tomorrow, I see no way he is being traded to the Dolphins. The best chance the Dolphins had in trading for Watson was prior to them trading down in the last draft. They had 2 first round picks and two second round picks to offer the Texans. Now they only have one probable late round pick and a middle to late round pick in the 2022 draft to offer. I don’t see the Texans wanting to trade for Howard and his huge contract when they are basically in the same rebuilding mode the Dolphins were in when Flores took over the Dolphins.

By the time the Texans are good enough to even contend for a playoff spot again, Howard wI’ll be in his 30’s and his best years will be over in the NFL.
So I really can’t see him being any part of a trade for Watson.

I still believe the Eagles are the organization who have positioned themselves the best if they are interested in trading for Watson and many reports have stated the Eagles are very interested in trading for Watson. As far as Watson having a no trade clause in his contract and not wanting to go to Philly is concerned. I don’t believe he would veto a trade to the Eagles because he would be going to a team with a great history and fan support and he really just wants out of Houston.

The Watson for X and Tua trade is going to be AMAZING. LFG!!

You've spent the entire offseason doing just that. Guaranteeing everyone Watson brings us multiple SB.
If we had chance to get watson and f this up.. fans will be crying all over again. Bress 2

Last edited:
Watson reminds me way more of Daunte Culpepper than Drew Brees.
Ok. Watson remind me of in trouble..he is good on field. 5th best qb in nfl. I dont think dolphins are going get watson but Tua go have step his games up to pro level fast.

Everybody know watson is better qb than Tua right now.. our defense win alot a games last yr...until Tua proved hisself.. there will alway be rumor about qb coming to miami. Everybody knows Miami's need qb.
What?

I can't help but wonder what Tua would look like in 2-3 years if we did get and start Watson. An Aaron Rodgers type of situation for Tua could really help the kid considering the hurdles he has to overcome.

Then when Tua is no longer in his rookie contract, we pay him and we trade Watson. Restock our draft capital with a couple #1's and we continue to be competitive.

I don't think there's any denying the fact that with our upgraded offense, an Elite QB and our current defense we could go deep into the playoffs. It's really a huge ask to think Tua can go from what he was last year to Elite status in just one off season, I don't think it's possible really. I do think Tua would be greatly improved, just not improved to the Elite category.

This was just speculation and I am not actively advocating for a deal like this, just wondering what we would look like...

I can't help but wonder what Tua would look like in 2-3 years if we did get and start Watson. An Aaron Rodgers type of situation for Tua could really help the kid considering the hurdles he has to overcome.

Then when Tua is no longer in his rookie contract, we pay him and we trade Watson. Restock our draft capital with a couple #1's and we continue to be competitive.

I don't think there's any denying the fact that with our upgraded offense, an Elite QB and our current defense we could go deep into the playoffs. It's really a huge ask to think Tua can go from what he was last year to Elite status in just one off season, I don't think it's possible really. I do think Tua would be greatly improved, just not improved to the Elite category.

This was just speculation and I am not actively advocating for a deal like this, just wondering what we would look like...
You hit it on nail..

Good luck with that. Maybe that was the pre-allegations price, that's just no longer remotely possible.

Back
Top Bottom