Watt deal with Cards likely creates Miami Dolphins opening to sign Haason Reddick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watt deal with Cards likely creates Miami Dolphins opening to sign Haason Reddick

I was about to say didn't they just draft him? I'm thinking of Buddha Baker but then I realized they were both drafted in 2017. Arizona nailed their top 2 picks that draft.

I think we need to infuse a draft pick like Collins at LB.
I do think Parsons or Collins at 18 would work too. Would probably have to give Reddick a kings ransom anyway since the position is overpaid league wide.

he would fit. flo likes to move guys around. as long as its not a huge contract im good with it. contract year numbers is worrisome, but you never know

Why? You like 1st round underachievers? He had 1 his year, last season, and that wasn't even that great when you realize 5 of his sacks came in 1 game.
Thing is thats what the pats did building their d for many years. they would pick up guys that were drafted high and underachieved. i could see flo doing it if the price is right

Thing is thats what the pats did building their d for many years. they would pick up guys that were drafted high and underachieved. i could see flo doing it if the price is right
Yes and paid them peanuts when discarded, not a huge contract like Reddick is going to request.

I believe he had 5 sacks in one game this year. While impressive, it does skew the numbers from a consistency standpoint.
If had three that game instead of 5, he still would have been in double digits.

It's a little strange that people hold the 5 sack game AGAINST him - it's not like he had 7 or 8 total sacks - he had 12.5 - a "good" pass rusher gets 7-9 sacks a season... so he did that PLUS had a monster game where you could say he was a deciding factor in the overall outcome of the game.

An elite pass rusher should have at least 1 monster game a season, maybe a couple. This guy shouldn't be considered elite, but the fact that he had a 5 sack game should be considered a plus, not a negative.

As Tampa showed everyone, speed kills, so I am good with adding even more speed to our defense either through the draft or in free agency. However, a one-year wonder on a contract year needs to be taken into consideration. I would offer an incentive-based contract, but he probably wouldn't go for that.

Back
Top Bottom