way past 11:00 but here is part 2 for wed. mini camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

way past 11:00 but here is part 2 for wed. mini camp

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to get away tonight so off to my local take it all off club. Sorry this is late, as usual though.

I had written up a good report for the D, but this one is going to be the short version.

I'd like to start with Sammy Knight. He looked a lot bigger than I expected. And he may be slow in the forty but he has some darn good instincts to make up for that. He was all around the ball today, and busted up two throws. He is getting lots of schooln from the coaches. Oh yeah and from what I saw Freeman is not looking very happy.

And maybe you guys can help me out on a player. This new guy, number 55, who is he, and where did he come from? My goodness he is all over the place. He slides down the line, and makes instant decisions. He may not make every play, but he sure did bust up four or five. And he also was covering RW's twice that I noticed, once down the sidelines, stride for stride. All I know is he kinda reminds me of the Lb out in San Diego!! That Samoan guy? :D

Also I'd like to add that early Greenwood worked with the first team, and he made some nice plays, one being a slice thru the gap for a sack.

Don't let me sugar coat it though. I was very vocal in wanting Tyrone Calico as their first pick, but this kid Moore is very fluid in coverage. One thing I noticed was him keeping the receiver in front of him most of the time, leading to a couple of breakups, and when they did catch it there was no YAC involved. He is not that small in comparison to Greenwood, and moves a little better IMO. I'll keep my eye on him a s much as I can though.

Hendricks filled in for Zach. Seaverns got burnt for a TD, and Bryon Hardin made a boneheaded mistake, letting the ball go right by him, no effort there.......TD

Madison did not practice, Zach, and JT were not there today.

T-Buck and Surtain worked the first units, with T-Buck looking good, but he was the one beat by CC early on. Surtain is moving pretty good, but he did not work the whole practice, most of it though. When he was out it was T-Buck, and Fletcher.

The D-line and the O-line are so hard to give any type of an accurate evaluation on. With the pads not on, the hitting not hard. BUT I'll say this the Defense made about 8 or 9 sacks today.............Ogun and Williams were all over the place.

OK that's it for now, I'm planning to go tomorrow to meet up with FFIB, and Zonk39 so maybe things will be a little faster (or the luck a lil better) up on the board when I get back ;)

As always Ozzy ... great report!
Good to hear about Knight, Moore, Greenwood, and that Samoan guy :D
T Buck getting burned by chambers is not all that bad... in fact, I like hearing that Chambers burned someone like T Buck,rather than just Fletch or TC fodder...

Thanks again for your time, effort and insight... looking forward to more!!

Originally posted by WharfRat
As always Ozzy ... great report!
Good to hear about Knight, Moore, Greenwood, and that Samoan guy :D
T Buck getting burned by chambers is not all that bad... in fact, I like hearing that Chambers burned someone like T Buck,rather than just Fletch or TC fodder...

Thanks again for your time, effort and insight... looking forward to more!!

Thanks for the thanks :D

but I again insist that the pleasure is all mine ;)

Great Job!!! Thanks. I know the frustration with losing all the other input, but thanks.

Good report

thanks

as far the sacks, it doesn't mean anything because OL will let them trough without fighting much. They're supposed to hit the defenders so with no-hitting there is nothing they can do.

Up here in NC we can't jus drop in on the mini camps so little insights like yours keeps us going through the summer. Thanks, your a lifesaver.

Thanks for the report. For all of us who wanted to be there and couldn't, we really appreciate it.

By the way, having lost plenty of time and hair for lost internet connections and the sort, I would make a suggestion..... write your report on any word processing software (Microsoft Word, or even the regular Notepad on Windows) and save it. Once you are ready to post, just cut and paste into the post site. That way if you lose your connection, or even if your computer crashes, you still have it saved somewhere else.

Originally posted by underwaterjedi
I would make a suggestion..... write your report on any word processing software (Microsoft Word, or even the regular Notepad on Windows) and save it. Once you are ready to post, just cut and paste into the post site. That way if you lose your connection, or even if your computer crashes, you still have it saved somewhere else.

Oh sure that will work, but only if you have saved it before your PC crashes.

If you want to be certain nothing will happen to it, I would laser etch the original text into the surface of a diamond and then seal in a lead safe ...

Its the only way to be sure. :chuckle:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a setting in Word that allows you to autosave every "x" amount of minutes. You can set it for as often as you like.

Originally posted by Muck
There's a setting in Word that allows you to autosave every "x" amount of minutes. You can set it for as often as you like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Word up.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Good report

thanks

as far the sacks, it doesn't mean anything because OL will let them trough without fighting much. They're supposed to hit the defenders so with no-hitting there is nothing they can do.

Sure there is, they just get in the way. There is no hard hitting on either side. Yes, the defenders have the edge, but when were talking 8 sacks in a small amount of time, it has to be good.

Ozzy, I think around the last camp you mentioned you had pics with your digital camera...? If you a still taking them and have not found a way to post them, you can send them to me and I'll put them online for everyone. Just let me know.

BTW: Thanks for the info, I can't go as much as I like b/c of that damn work thing popping up unexpected, but I'm learning why everyone raves about your reports. Because of them I will be looking for different things next time I go to camp.

Thanks again!

Good to hear that Moore is playing well, I would like to see him start.

Originally posted by Dude
Ozzy, I think around the last camp you mentioned you had pics with your digital camera...? If you a still taking them and have not found a way to post them, you can send them to me and I'll put them online for everyone. Just let me know.

BTW: Thanks for the info, I can't go as much as I like b/c of that damn work thing popping up unexpected, but I'm learning why everyone raves about your reports. Because of them I will be looking for different things next time I go to camp.

Thanks again!

Sorry Dude, that was not me. I've never taken my camara. With a camara I might miss a good block, a mistake, a nice catch. You only focus on one spot with it.

I already can't see enough as it is. :D

Back
Top Bottom