Way-too-early Miami Dolphins (& A F C East) Projections | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Way-too-early Miami Dolphins (& A F C East) Projections

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
helmet.jpg

Miami Dolphins (3-13)(2-4)

Wins: Los Angeles Chargers (week 4), New York Jets (week 9), Buffalo Bills (week 11)
Losses: Baltimore Ravens (week 1), New England Patriots (week 2), at Dallas Cowboys (week 3), Washington Redskins (week 6), at Buffalo Bills (week 7), at Pittsburgh Steelers (week 8), at Indianapolis Colts (week 10), at Cleveland Browns (week 12), Philadelphia Eagles (week 13), at New York Jets (week 14), at New York Giants (week 15), Cincinnati Bengals (week 16), at New England Patriots (week 17)

I will be the first to say that I hope that Josh Rosen proves me wrong and leads the Miami Dolphins to the playoffs. As for now, I still see Miami at the bottom of the NFL. Like Buffalo, Miami has plenty of talent. Rosen will certainly be the X-factor for the Dolphins, but they do need another to step up. Watch for Kenyan Drake to really hit his stride as a starting running back. Tight end Mike Gesicki could very well be the Dolphins break out player of the year. Put that together with explosive wide receivers Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker, the Dolphins have the potential to go somewhere.

The surprise projection here is the Dolphins taking down the Los Angeles Chargers in week 4. The Chargers are going to be a great team, but every year a great team slips up against lesser opponents. Miami has a difficult schedule. Even if they beat teams on the bottom half of the NFL, it would be extremely difficult for them to make the playoffs. Also, a week 5 bye is brutal and unfortunate.

https://lwosports.com/2019/06/16/way-too-early-afc-east-protections/

With Fitzmagic at QB I think we'll end up in no-man's land of around 6 wins. Too good to get one of the top 3 draft picks, but too bad to make the playoffs. If Rosen takes over around week 5, like I'm predicting, we might just be in the 4 wins category and secure a top 3 pick. Not what people want to hear, but that's how I see it.

Wow .wtf was the person that wrote that article thinking about.Bills 1 win , Dolphins 3 and Jets 7.
Bills will win 9
Dolphins 6
Jets 8
Pat's 12
Man that bills offense doesn’t have a lot, McCoy another year older, receivers- tight end??

Wow .wtf was the person that wrote that article thinking about.Bills 1 win , Dolphins 3 and Jets 7.
Bills will win 9
Dolphins 6
Jets 8
Pat's 12
bills 9 wins based on what? the qb better take the next step in become accurate as hell if they are going to win 9. I see 7

During the past 7 years under Philbin and Gase, this team made the playoffs once (by sheer luck) and were within a few games every other year... and that was with little talent, no depth, a crappy o-line, and possibly the worst coaching in the league. Flores (with a staff that can't be worse than the previous two regimes) comes in and removes some dead weight, and sets logical goals such as being able to run the ball and have a physical team. Fitz and Rosen are more than likely to be an upgrade over Tannehill. So, why do so many people think that Miami won't win more than 2 or 3 games?

During the past 7 years under Philbin and Gase, this team made the playoffs once (by sheer luck) and were within a few games every other year... and that was with little talent, no depth, a crappy o-line, and possibly the worst coaching in the league. Flores (with a staff that can't be worse than the previous two regimes) comes in and removes some dead weight, and sets logical goals such as being able to run the ball and have a physical team. Fitz and Rosen are more than likely to be an upgrade over Tannehill. So, why do so many people think that Miami won't win more than 2 or 3 games?

Plus all the key players Miami lost . . . Wake, there's a debate over James, ummm, uh, I'm trying to think of another player NOT on the list of 'players I want gone.'

I don't think Gase was the worst HC in the NFL. Clearly, Miami had the worst OC and DC. Evidence indicates the OL coach was BAD.

Detractors point out, correctly, Miami has little depth and the OL talent is still open to question. OTOH, every fan watched rushers get to the QB unimpeded because the problem wasn't exclusively talent - it was lack of coaching to pick up stunts/blitzes. I don't expect that this fall.

\
I think the schedule has most pundits attention. It starts off hard and gets worse. If the Jests and Jill's play better this year we might be a 2-4 win team.

AFC EAST (Bills-Jets-Dolphins)

Until proven differently, the Pats arevthe #1 team and favorite again...obviously.

After that all three Bills, Jets, Dolphins will be each starting a member of the QB class of 2018 within the 1st 3 games...each need to prove themselves.

On Offense the Bills will have little after McCoy, same for the Jets after Bell, not much pass catching talent. The Dolphins though Drake should not be thought of in the Same level of McCoy and Bell, anybody sleeping on him will regret it. Miami, unlike the Bills and Jets should have much better pass catch talent then those other two, so depending on how Rosen or Fitz look, Offensively could work better for Miami.

On defense the Bills are going to be loaded and a very good team, the Jets though not as loaded should also be better, the Dolphins on paper could be the least talented defense, but with HC that has proven he can help turn a Defense to play above themelves, Miami could also be a better, more consistent defense.

This will depend on what, and how each coaching staff can handle their roster, but talent wise. Anyone that is putting the Bills and the Jets ahead of the Dolphins, will have a very rude and ugly awakening.

AFC EAST (Bills-Jets-Dolphins)

Until proven differently, the Pats arevthe #1 team and favorite again...obviously.

After that all three Bills, Jets, Dolphins will be each starting a member of the QB class of 2018 within the 1st 3 games...each need to prove themselves.

On Offense the Bills will have little after McCoy, same for the Jets after Bell, not much pass catching talent. The Dolphins though Drake should not be thought of in the Same level of McCoy and Bell, anybody sleeping on him will regret it. Miami, unlike the Bills and Jets should have much better pass catch talent then those other two, so depending on how Rosen or Fitz look, Offensively could work better for Miami.

On defense the Bills are going to be loaded and a very good team, the Jets though not as loaded should also be better, the Dolphins on paper could be the least talented defense, but with HC that has proven he can help turn a Defense to play above themelves, Miami could also be a better, more consistent defense.

This will depend on what, and how each coaching staff can handle their roster, but talent wise. Anyone that is putting the Bills and the Jets ahead of the Dolphins, will have a very rude and ugly awakening.

Of the 3, the Bills D gives them an edge although I have little fear of McDermot(?). Gase? No Dolphin fans fears him for 16 games. Flores? Complete unknown, but I'm a fan and optimistic. If forced to predict, NE wind the division, Bills are the most 'known quantity,' and Jets/Fins are two unknowable to predict.

Los Angeles Chargers - W
New York Jets (week 9) - W
Buffalo Bills (week 11) - W
Baltimore Ravens - W
New England Patriots - W
Dallas Cowboys - W
Washington Redskins - W
(at Buffalo Bills (week 7) - L
at Pittsburgh Steelers (week 8) - L
atIndianapolis Colts (week 10) - W
at Cleveland Browns (week 12), - W Philadelphia Eagles (week 13), - L
at New York Jets (week 14), - L
at New York Giants (week 15), - W
Cincinnati Bengals (week 16), - W
at New England Patriots (week 17) - L

11 and 5... Lol. God I am such a homer. Dont care. Write it down. I told you first. Tell your family.

With Fitzmagic at QB I think we'll end up in no-man's land of around 6 wins. Too good to get one of the top 3 draft picks, but too bad to make the playoffs. If Rosen takes over around week 5, like I'm predicting, we might just be in the 4 wins category and secure a top 3 pick. Not what people want to hear, but that's how I see it.

Look, I’m all about getting one of those QBs and such with as little price as possible, but the truth is, we have enough assets to trade up and get what we want from likely where we will end up...

Los Angeles Chargers - L
New York Jets (week 9) - W
Buffalo Bills (week 11) - W
Baltimore Ravens - L
New England Patriots - W
Dallas Cowboys - L
Washington Redskins - W
(at Buffalo Bills (week 7) - L
at Pittsburgh Steelers (week 8) - L
atIndianapolis Colts (week 10) - L
at Cleveland Browns (week 12), - W
Philadelphia Eagles (week 13), - L
at New York Jets (week 14), - L
at New York Giants (week 15), - W
Cincinnati Bengals (week 16), - W
at New England Patriots (week 17) - L

We need find 9 win to make playoff. We will be in playoff hunt until week 15 .

Back
Top Bottom