We act as if these players are going to be stalwarts on the team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We act as if these players are going to be stalwarts on the team.

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
It seems we're all getting excited about some of these undrafted guys we kep signing, but in reality at most three of them make the team.

I'd say Harris makes it if he gets in shape, Sesay has a shot at blocking TE, and perhaps Meeuw has a shot as a backup safety if he really is as fast as he's been saying but that's probably the most we can expect.

These guys are in reality camp fodder and P-squad candidates.

Sure is fun to track them though huh.

Given that we only had 6 selections in the draft and are moving to a HC who has very different taste in players than Wanny had, I think we could see a few more guys make it on the roster than what you're projecting. I'd set the ceiling at about 5, though. If it happens, it will happen at the expense of guys like Minor, Newson, Pope, and Bua.

No I'd say three as he said make the team. Last year there were like two guys with talent, Russell and Roundtree. This year there are more I'd say...

We should be an attractive team to come to with so few picks to compete with and a team in need of new players for this scheme.

I'd have to say we'd have some of the best UDFA come in here.

I think Harris, Davis, Mittchell, and Meeuwseon have chances at being backups. Berin might only if he can beat out Sage, if he beats out Sage, we know that he is trash.

It's like found money. If even one guy becomes halfway decent.

Jaj said:
No I'd say three as he said make the team. Last year there were like two guys with talent, Russell and Roundtree. This year there are more I'd say...

Roundtree wasn't a 2004 UDFA. He's been with us for like 3 years on the PS and in camp.

I wonder if Broncos fans were wondering if Terrell Davis was going to be a stallwort when he was drafted in the 6th round.

Or if Pats fans were wondering that when Tom Brady went in the 6th. How about Hines Ward?

Were we wondering this when Zach Thomas was picked in the 5th?

Every year an undrafted free agent plays in the super bowl.

Ever heard of a guy named Wes Welker? I think he is a fan favorite isn't he? What round was he drafted in?... Oh yeah he wasn't drafted.

BocaHighQB said:
Ever heard of a guy named Wes Welker? I think he is a fan favorite isn't he? What round was he drafted in?... Oh yeah he was'nt drafted.

And he got cut by the team who signed him first.

Back
Top Bottom