We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

**** the tank....build a winner. Play tough both physically and mentally. Draft well regardless of position slotting. Then coach them up and develop your players.
When I was at the opener all I could think was we are an expansion team. Then after New England I was convinced we were going to be worse like the ’76 Bucs bad 0-16 maybe 1-15 Dolphins. I knew the early schedule was brutal. All I hoped for was improvement. I hoped Mr. Ross finally picked right Coach this time. My faith was tested. No longer. The fact we lead the league in least penalties harkens back to the Shula Years. I do not care about draft position as much as I do about getting the right head coach & staff.

Here is your answer. Management and ownership are responsible for "tanking". This ridiculous front office is sending mixed messages. They guaranteed the head coach's contract for five years basically telling him " we expect you to be bad this year so you are getting a free pass", so they really weren't going to judge this staff too harshly this season. All they had to do is show improvement as the season went on and not show total dysfunction and they were going to be safe regardless of their record. They then traded a second round pick for a QB and stripped down the roster to the bare bones but brought in a more than competent veteran QB that is clearly better than Rosen. What they should have done is clear Rosen's pathway to the starting job by releasing Fitzpatrick once Rosen was brought in, but what we've got instead is an old QB with no future with this team winning meaningless games. No one is blaming the coaching staff or the players for playing hard and winning games. The big mistakes were made at the top of this organization and it looks like it's going to hurt this franchise for the long term.

I'm not sure how you determine that an answer to how they should physically tank. A massive paragraph of a history lesson of the past off season and a litany of complaints about they should've done.

It's there nobody that can give a detailed description of how they can realistically tank games?

Yeah, everyone was going apeshiz crazy when we were getting blown out early in the year … but NOW is when we're screwing up. We're doing exactly what we did in the Matt Moore year that led to the Ryan Tannehill era … we're starting to win when it only hurts us. Oh well, this coaching staff have only themselves to blame so if they blow this, it's on them.
It’s not on coaching staff. It’s on the GM for signing Fitz and then allowing him to be played. Simple call to the HC “hey coach we want to see what we have in Rosen this year” wink/ wink. Done.

It’s not on coaching staff. It’s on the GM for signing Fitz and then allowing him to be played. Simple call to the HC “hey coach we want to see what we have in Rosen this year” wink/ wink. Done.

Ummm, that's not how it works

great coaching is overcoming **** talent. It's good to see even if it lowers our draft position.
If you have great coaching and great qb play you can mask the deficiencies of other units. While the last 2 weeks have diminished our chances of getting the 1st pick and selecting the qb of our choice, at least it looks like we found our coach. This team is playing hard.

If you have great coaching and great qb play you can mask the deficiencies of other units. While the last 2 weeks have diminished our chances of getting the 1st pick and selecting the qb of our choice, at least it looks like we found our coach. This team is playing hard.

You can only mask qb play so long.

and if you are gonna do it you better have a top shelf either o line or defense.

otherwise your qb will absolutely get exposed and even then it won’t be long before your QBs warts show up

I'm not sure how you determine that an answer to how they should physically tank. A massive paragraph of a history lesson of the past off season and a litany of complaints about they should've done.

It's there nobody that can give a detailed description of how they can realistically tank games?
I explained it to you. You just don't like the answer. It's on the front office. Once the season started, there really is no "physical" way to "tank" unless the team was doing something untoward.

You can only mask qb play so long.

and if you are gonna do it you better have a top shelf either o line or defense.

otherwise your qb will absolutely get exposed and even then it won’t be long before your QBs warts show up
Exactly. Just look at the Rams and Jared Goff.

we've seen teams play hard, and we've seen them play disciplined, but we've only seen one team in the last 20 years do both. 2008. that team also had a great QB. here is hoping next year we bring in some real building blocks.

FWIW, our Asst. GM, Marvin Allen was there with John Dorsey in KC when they traded up to take Mahomes @#10. Presumably his input, as well as Reggie's will prove valuable to Greer.
What was Joe Vitt doing at that time?

The problem with this strategy is the necessity to then roster these players all year. Drafting three QBs is not a real option. Drafting 2 may be.

We would have Rosen, Herbert, Eason and Gordon. The weakest one would get cut in preseason. Miami needs to get the QB right.

I think the Bengals model can be taken as an example. Drop the better QB mix it up with some poor play calls and you end got the ingredients for a tank. Don’t play your better players like AJG.... (which the Bengal fans in the majority support) I only use this example because on paper that team should not have a worst record than this Fins team. I know it’s not right for the fans for a club to deliberately make choices which leads to,losing games but if we don’t we’re gonna be a 7-9, 8-8 team for a lot longer...... Personally I don’t want that anymore.

I have stated previously you can’t ask players to play worst and that wouldn’t wash with a bunch of players playing for their future NFL careers and have a point to prove. It realistically should be orders coming down the chain to the coach. I mean that call against the skins and Steelers .......

I would also ask what the difference between beating the colts and losing by a point or two would have made to morale. It would be just as much of a boost to see this team only losing by a couple of points away to a much better team on paper. The improvement is still there to see I think

I think the Bengals model can be taken as an example. Drop the better QB mix it up with some poor play calls and you end got the ingredients for a tank. Don’t play your better players like AJG.... (which the Bengal fans in the majority support) I only use this example because on paper that team should not have a worst record than this Fins team. I know it’s not right for the fans for a club to deliberately make choices which leads to,losing games but if we don’t we’re gonna be a 7-9, 8-8 team for a lot longer...... Personally I don’t want that anymore.

I have stated previously you can’t ask players to play worst and that wouldn’t wash with a bunch of players playing for their future NFL careers and have a point to prove. It realistically should be orders coming down the chain to the coach. I mean that call against the skins and Steelers .......

I would also ask what the difference between beating the colts and losing by a point or two would have made to morale. It would be just as much of a boost to see this team only losing by a couple of points away to a much better team on paper. The improvement is still there to see I think

i think there’s quite a difference in morale winning by one as opposed to losing by one.

Back
Top Bottom