We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

The Jets sent the No. 6 overall pick, two 2018 second-round picks — No. 37 and No. 49— and a 2019 second-round pick to the Colts in exchange for the No. 3 overall pick.

So to move from say the 5th to the 2nd will likely cost

5th,
another 1st
a 2nd
and a 3rd likely

Your cheapest way to get there is to Trade Before the Draft. If you like the two QBs get to No 2 well before the draft starts to pay the cheapest Price

That entirely depends on what other teams are willing to give up to trade up. It is conceivable that the price could be quite hefty, including all of this year’s 1sts.
I say no to that.

You do realize that somebody has to play? Getting “snaps” isn’t really a good metric to base talent on.

Getting snaps above others at the same position DOES imply something. And I was careful not to make an evaluation - just "significant snaps." I think all here recognize the danger of metrics. If I mention, say, tackles, someone will come up with TFL. If I mention 40 speed, someone will mention cone speed. I know of no metric that, by itself, proves anything. That said, in 1-2 other threads there have been discussions of which players this season will start or be on the team next year. I'll not discuss that here.

The thread, BTW, is blowing the rebuild and the tangent I was responding to was Grier's ability. Grier HAS acquired a number of players this year who could start next year and a larger number who will be on the team. A number have turned a 'hole' into 'upgrade if the opportunity arises.' That's a LARGE improvement over a team full of scrubs.

This is what the Bills paid for the #7 pick. Going to take a hell of a lot more to get to #2.

Traded the No. 12 pick (obtained from Bengals), No. 53 pick and No. 56 pick (obtained from Rams) to Buccaneers for the No. 7 pick (drafted QB Josh Allen) and a seventh-round pick (No. 255).

So 2 mid round 2nds and a 1st is equivalent to 3 firsts? Pardon, Im not really understanding how that is similar to what was suggested.

I don't like starting new threads everytime a player comes onto the market, and the title of this thread seems as good as any to put this in. But as a Gators fan, and bearing in mind what we have at CB. Vernon Hargreaves release from the Bucs has me wanting to roll the dice on him. He was fantastic at the Gators, a star from day one. He's young and you would think fits what we want to build around.

Don't worry. Someone will create a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom