We are desperate for a back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are desperate for a back

Our line isn't even as good as it was back in 2016. Sure it's much improved, but our run blocking has still been bad. I get you as far as the "wait until elite" part as I was exaggerating, but my point still stands.

I would say our Oline is average at best (still a HUGE jump from last year) and our Dline needs serious help.
Well, back in 2016 we beat one single team with a winning record and that team (PITT) then destroyed us in the playoff game so that season was nothing but a fluke. I'm not saying our Oline is great yet, but the potential is there with 3 rookies all doing pretty good. I agree the Dline needs to get better. A true NT that can plug the middle would be nice and a real pass rusher that can win one on one. It's ok to have a different opinion but I'm not passing on a play makers that can score points in order to draft more corn. But I'm not a guru and the team never does what I want anyway....lol

Well, back in 2016 we beat one single team with a winning record and that team (PITT) then destroyed us in the playoff game so that season was nothing but a fluke. I'm not saying our Oline is great yet, but the potential is there with 3 rookies all doing pretty good. I agree the Dline needs to get better. A true NT that can plug the middle would be nice and a real pass rusher that can win one on one. It's ok to have a different opinion but I'm not passing on a play makers that can score points in order to draft more corn. But I'm not a guru and the team never does what I want anyway....lol
Doesn't matter if we weren't beating teams with winning records because we Ajayi was running for 200 yards behind that line.

You need strength for run blocking and starting 3 rookies means you're not going to get it right now which is fine. I agree with you that I'm mainly worried about the Dline. A pass rusher that can win 1 on 1 is our biggest need on the entire team right now.

Doesn't matter if we weren't beating teams with winning records because we Ajayi was running for 200 yards behind that line.

You need strength for run blocking and starting 3 rookies means you're not going to get it right now which is fine. I agree with you that I'm mainly worried about the Dline. A pass rusher that can win 1 on 1 is our biggest need on the entire team right now.

i disagree with your assessment of what we need. It goes middle LB, RB, WR, center then DE imo

I would say either a top 20 back or a top 10 C + more time for this line to gel. If you look at lots of the best running teams, even when the star back goes down the 4th-5th round backup comes in an produces just as well. Since rb's get banged up so much i'm almost more inclined to do the latter....

having said that, if you want a top back FA is not a bad choice. I was surprised to see the franchise tag amounts...RB only $8mill/yr, while OL = $13.5mill/yr

Grant sucks who is your slot? And I don’t trust Preston after 1 good game. Ford and grant have to go
The 5 "golden positions" in the NFL are QB, WR, DE, LT, and CB. We already have a #1 WR.

You arguing for a slot receiver by definition makes it not as important as DE.

The 5 "golden positions" in the NFL are QB, WR, DE, LT, and CB. We already have a #1 WR.

You arguing for a slot receiver by definition makes it not as important as DE.
We just got what 5 sacks? 14 through 5 games. With our ability to scheme pressure I wouldn’t put DE at the top that’s just me I guess.

We just got what 5 sacks? 14 through 5 games. With our ability to scheme pressure I wouldn’t put DE at the top that’s just me I guess.
Scheming for pressure is great when you're leading by a lot like we were, but it isn't reliable. We need that guy who can beat a tackle to put out pressure by himself and therefore occupy 2 blockers for this defense to take the next step. We're "scheming" for pressure by blitzing. I'd rather beat an offensive line with 4 guys instead of 5.

Clearly Miami is regretting passing up on backs late in round 1 and round 2. They threw it at Bell and he said no. At least we know. We know that if we cant make a trade this season, that’s a priority next year via draft or free agency. Has anyone heard of any potential trades? I admire Mia for trying and seeing the vision on a two year deal , with Tua on the backend of the deal. I also admire that Miami feels (left up to debate) that they need a piece to elevate their
Offense and how strategically (intermediate) they think they are close. Could Miami be in position for AJ Green?
You are absolutely right we should have fixed every position at the the draft and free agency this FO what a bunch of morons

I have no idea where this Jets obsession came from. That's what I am saying.

First off I really enjoyed your post hearing about how it was with the first AFL SB win. With myself having come up in the 80's and 90's (i'm 43) to me it really feels like the JEts/Fins rivalry started in the 80's and solidified in the 90's. The Marino and Ken Obrien games. We were often both scrapping around 9-7 for the wild card spots or division back then and into the 90's, and then we had the Fake spike against them and the Monday night Miracle, which was really when it become a no brainer: The Jets are a bunch of stinking bums, and have been ever since.

i disagree with your assessment of what we need. It goes middle LB, RB, WR, center then DE imo
Totally agree here. Those are the top 4 positions as far as needs imo. Don't have to be in that order but they should be the 1st 4 positions we take care of.

We are not too desperate for a running back. Whichever pick(s) fall within #40-#50 should be able to yield us a top 2-4 RB in the draft. We might be among 6 teams considering a round 1 or 2 pick at rb next year, though it is early in season.

IMO one of our first round picks must go to future beef on the line, someone that will allow whatever RB lands back there to have room, and the obvious Tua protection. Even if our line is decorated as the best in the league at the end of the year, big boys get injured.

A first round RB would be such a bummer. When the OL has created holes, the RBs have run through them (except Howard, who should be cut) and have run hard. An RB in the #40-60 range sounds all right. Even later you can find very good ones. Unless you couple it with a time machine, stay off the 1st round RBs.

Back
Top Bottom