We are desperate for a back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are desperate for a back

Grant sucks who is your slot? And I don’t trust Preston after 1 good game. Ford and grant have to go
I think Ford is pretty clutch. Great depth guy, you hold on to him. Hes not the fastest or most elusive, great hands, and great route running. Hes been moving the chains for us on some really important 3rd downs. Grant is a liability on returns, and hes so undersized. The return game was the only thing he was really good at, and now he keeps dropping stuff. He tries for the big play too much. After Ford is where you make your cuts. DVP, Williams, Ford,.. other 3 slots should be up for grabs. Hoping Bowden can turn into something for us. I would not touch a RB in round 1 though. LB/DE .. Late first IOL/WR, really depends how the board plays out. I wouldnt go WR with 1A unless Parsons/Moses are gone. Teams like the Chiefs can grab a RB in round 1 because they are stacked all over.

Don't think we are desperate at all. They saw an opportunity to add a good complete back for cheap. Just didn't work out. We can upgrade in the offseason. We need to improve our blocking to give these guys some holes as well.

A first round RB would be such a bummer. When the OL has created holes, the RBs have run through them (except Howard, who should be cut) and have run hard. An RB in the #40-60 range sounds all right. Even later you can find very good ones. Unless you couple it with a time machine, stay off the 1st round RBs.
Najee Harris should go in that range. I'd be fine with him. But I wouldn't go RB in the first either. You don't need an Etienne to get 1,000 yards.

Get a quality Oline and a 2nd/3rd round RB can do the job.

Our line isn't even as good as it was back in 2016. Sure it's much improved, but our run blocking has still been bad. I get you as far as the "wait until elite" part as I was exaggerating, but my point still stands.

I would say our Oline is average at best (still a HUGE jump from last year) and our Dline needs serious help.
Damn dude how many draft picks are we burning through to get this line? Hell at one point we had James, Tunsil and Pouncy, how did all those 1st round investments turn out?
Time to get some freaking play makers in here, no more bargain bin shopping.
Great teams can actually draft OL after the first couple of rounds. We need a LB, WR, RB, DE more than OL at the moment. If a Sewell is available early or the Humphrey from Oklahoma in the middle of the 1st fine but other than that give me a Parsons, Chase or Even a Rousseau with that 1st pick.

With what should be on the board should be
1-LB/DE
1A-WR
2-RB
2-DE/LB
That is a basic model and should be able to patch the holes we have left. This does not count FA.

Last edited:
Damn dude how many draft picks are we burning through to get this line? Hell at one point we had James, Tunsil and Pouncy, how did all those 1st round investments turn out?
Time to get some freaking play makers in here, no more bargain bin shopping.
Great teams can actually draft OL after the first couple of rounds. We need a LB, WR, RB, DE more than OL at the moment. If a Sewell is available early or the Humphrey from Oklahoma in the middle of the 1st fine but other than that give me a Parsons, Chase or Even a Rousseau with that 1st pick.

With what should be on the board should be
1-LB/DE
1A-WR
2-RB
2-DE/LB
That is a basic model and should be able to patch the holes we have left. This does not count FA.
I'm not saying we have to keep drafting high round Olinemen. Just need the ones we have to get stronger and improve. I want Rousseau with our first pick.

I'm not saying we have to keep drafting high round Olinemen. Just need the ones we have to get stronger and improve. I want Rousseau with our first pick.
I apologize for sounding like an ass, just seems we have put more than enough assets in the OL. We only have Parker that remotely scares anyone on offense and really need to get Tua some weapons.

I apologize for sounding like an ***, just seems we have put more than enough assets in the OL. We only have Parker that remotely scares anyone on offense and really need to get Tua some weapons.
Gisecki has been a weapon as well.

There's no better run than a Fitzmagic scramble that should be a sack but he manages to headbutt his way through defences for a TD!!

Just throwing this out there bc I don't think he's getting the appreciation he deserves. What if we didn't have Gaskin?

Sure we want better. But we lucked out in the 7th round getting a guy that can give you 3.9 ypc behind this line and be a reliable receiving threat. There are worse starting RBs.

We'll get our true first option net year. But we need to acknowledge that the biggest problem with the run game right now is actually our run blocking.

Last edited:
I really like Bowden in the wildcat for short yardage situations, he’s got dog and strength in his mind and legs to drive, and if you wanna change it up and get everyone to bite he’s got enough arm talent to Pass Out of the formation.

Back
Top Bottom