We are desperate for a back | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are desperate for a back

Howard would look like an all pro in that system. It's not the backs it's the line.
They draft real football players at all positions. They do have a good line typically but it’s not like they have five studs. Every year they have to fill a hole somewhere on the o line they have good coaching as well.

All you have to do is look around the League to find tons of teams regretting their 1st round RB's.

There are too many to even mention.

And yet the drum beat for wasting high picks on the position continues.

Try to learn from experience guys.
just because those Gms chose The wrong guys at the wrong time doesn’t mean the right GM shouldn’t trust his instinct and go with a guy that he feels will be a 3 down starter at the position..

can get into evaluating personnel with fear of the past from others.

All you have to do is look around the League to find tons of teams regretting their 1st round RB's.

There are too many to even mention.

And yet the drum beat for wasting high picks on the position continues.

Try to learn from experience guys.

The same applies to every single position that didn't work out. Pretty sure the Dolphins regret selecting Dion Jordan and Charles Harris but that shouldn't stop us from drafting a DE in the 1st in the coming draft.

Boys I am a huge fins fan up in ravens country. I would trade for any of their backs including justice .
I’m up here too but please, The Dolphins run blocking doesn’t compare to the Ravens. Dobbins is smaller than I thought and basically 3rd string. Would have no more yards given the same carries that Gaskin has squeezed out of his opportunities IMO.

Gaskins already has more yards than our leading rusher last year through 5 games. They are averaging 32 more rushing yards a game than last year and are nearly halfway to last years total at this point in the season.

The O-line is young and inexperienced. And while they did well last week they are missing their starting LT. Gotta keep things in perspective the boost from year 1-2 in development has been crazy. Would a stud back be nice...of course.....is it really needed in the NFL today. No not really. Guys like Gaskins are the game now, 60 plus yards a game on the ground handful of catches and good protection blocking.

Biggest thing for me is Miami doesnt seem to struggle in short yardage like years past. Runners are decisive and with Bowden running wildcat its hard to stop miami converting 3rd/4th and short.

I dont think with the way the team is at the moment a "stud" back would go for 120 a game. They have a way they want to run things and it will continue to be that way. Look for 2/3 to do the lifting not one.
Perfectly stated. I don’t think Gurley or Bell would have any more yards than Gaskin this year given same opportunities and blocking. I like the RB for JAX that wasn’t even drafted. Tough kid. Runs hard b

Every area of the roster could be improved during the draft, and I agree that RB and LB are probably the weakest groups. None of the groups are weak enough to ignore taking the BPA. If that happens to be a RB, then that is awesome.

Gaskin and Breida are good enough for now.
Draft Micah Parsons. He’s the Patrick Willis of this draft.

I think the Dolphins went after Bell simply because they thought they could get him on a cheap contract because the Jets were on the hook for millions in salary this season. I don’t think this means they will be using a high draft pick on a RB in the 2021 draft. They have bigger needs on defense and at WR and I expect them to use their 4 picks in the first two rounds to fill these needs. I think they will select a RB in the middle rounds of the draft and perhaps pick up one in free agency.

The same applies to every single position that didn't work out. Pretty sure the Dolphins regret selecting Dion Jordan and Charles Harris but that shouldn't stop us from drafting a DE in the 1st in the coming draft.
Spot on, so tired of only certain positions have 1sr round value. Would you rather have Dion Jordan at 3 or Ezekiel Elliott? If you have two 1st rounders and use the later one would you rather have Hellaire, Jonathan Taylor or Koa Misi, Odrick or Iggy?

just because those Gms chose The wrong guys at the wrong time doesn’t mean the right GM shouldn’t trust his instinct and go with a guy that he feels will be a 3 down starter at the position..

can get into evaluating personnel with fear of the past from others.
OK, show me all the teams who are happy they took a RB high in round 1.

Is Dallas really happy to be paying Elliot all that cash?

I would give you Carolina but currently an off the trash heap guy is outperforming McCaffery there.

I would give you Carolina but currently an off the trash heap guy is outperforming McCaffery there.
I see your point but it has to be be evaluated in a vacume, on a individual basis..For example Maccafrey.. he was a high pick and a great pick..Is it the norm no but you can’t ever rule it out or you could miss out on a great player..

Last edited:
I’m still stunned at how non existent Howard is. I never saw the guy play all that much but his career stats are good. Why is he the new Kalen Ballage around here?
That's a great question. How did our scouts get fooled into thinking he could still deliver while we see no burst from him on the field and he can't even make the gameday roster only a month into the season? Maybe Grier knew he was gambling a bit but this pick up was obviously a complete flop.

Back
Top Bottom