We are desperate for a back | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are desperate for a back

I wouldn't say we are desperate at RB. Could we use more help? Sure. Would a new drafted RB, Gaskin, and Breida be successful most definitely. Don't want to take anything away from Gaskin's efforts this year. :ffic:
Agreed, Gaskins consistency and ability to stay on the field all three downs makes us not desperate

How many here thought Gaskin would be our number one back this year? I knew from camp reports he was doing well. It is a pleasant surprise. Need to mix Breida in there more for a change of pace and let them run.:ffic:

Gaskin was very productive in college. Ted Slim predicted he would be the most improved Dolphin's player this year. Lets not act like Breida was a top round pick. He was an UDFA. He had a very disappointing senior year. So all and all I don't think we should be surprised that Gaskin is winning the job.

IMHO that fact that we were willing to try for Bell for pennies on the dollar doesn't indicate we are desperate for a RB. While I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one next year I wouldn't expect it to be any sooner than our 3rd round pick. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we decided it was smarter to fill that need with a FA signing.

Third round sounds like a good place to find a TE, safety, or center. I'd value them over a RB given what we have right now.

Clearly Miami is regretting passing up on backs late in round 1 and round 2. They threw it at Bell and he said no. At least we know. We know that if we cant make a trade this season, that’s a priority next year via draft or free agency. Has anyone heard of any potential trades? I admire Mia for trying and seeing the vision on a two year deal , with Tua on the backend of the deal. I also admire that Miami feels (left up to debate) that they need a piece to elevate their
Offense and how strategically (intermediate) they think they are close. Could Miami be in position for AJ Green?
I think we got promising young WRs already so I don't want them to overpay for a free agent wr when there are young guys who will develop and have a longer career with their young qb Tua. Yes rb can be addressed which is why we have a bunch of picks next season and is great. We can add more talent. We're getting there, the team isn't finished yet, but it's coming.

Gaskin was very productive in college. Ted Slim predicted he would be the most improved Dolphin's player this year. Lets not act like Breida was a top round pick. He was an UDFA. He had a very disappointing senior year. So all and all I don't think we should be surprised that Gaskin is winning the job.

IMHO that fact that we were willing to try for Bell for pennies on the dollar doesn't indicate we are desperate for a RB. While I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one next year I wouldn't expect it to be any sooner than our 3rd round pick. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we decided it was smarter to fill that need with a FA signing.

Third round sounds like a good place to find a TE, safety, or center. I'd value them over a RB given what we have right now.
I thought Gesicki's been lookg promising like he could be a good catching TE for us. You don't like him? Or you want another TE as in for more packages and blocking help?

GasCan is doing fine back there...Best back we have had in Miami in years. Dont underestimate his ability to hold on to the ball which so far has not been an issue.

Gordon got a DUI Tuesday, so he might be available, but maybe suspension coming/do you want to bring that into the facility with him while it’s still fresh?

He would instantly be the best RB on the team though...

Question - will he play sober?

Back
Top Bottom