We are heading in the right direction... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are heading in the right direction...

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
Looking past the meltdowns, something we will have to overcome, we are truly heading in the right direction. This year was an abomination. We did seriously have some awful breaks and very well could have won 11-12 games. Turnovers was a major problem, that can be fixed. It's not like we are getting pushed around. Look at the last 3 year's marked improvement.

Offense:

2000 - 26th in NFL

2001 - 21st in NFL

2002 - 15th in NFL

Defense:

2000 - 6th

2001 - 5th

2002 - 3rd

Notice a trend here? This year was a FLUKE! We will be back with a vengence!!

great assesment of the Dophins. Problem is Bills, Jets and NE will be better too.

NE -has cap to upgrade and so does the bills.
Jets, well they are the ACE champs.

All the AFCE teams are headed the direction but this division is up for grabs next year.

I agree Justafan. The Bills will be a team to be reckoned with as they are a few D players away which could be addressed in the off season. The Jets are very talented and should only get better. The Pats will prolly finish last, I am not impressed with them. It will be a dog fight!

Yes, it will be a toss up next year. It will come down to the last 2 games of the season.

I don't think there are a lot of teams in the other divisions that will have a lot of success against AFCE teams. Being that this will the hardest division to compete in , those damn colts and those weaker teams in other divisions may make playoffs just like this year.

Yea, it's to bad it turns out that way. The East and the West beat each other up so the Colts and Browns snuck in. WTF? Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Even though there are 2 less games in the division the Fins have to take care of business in the division.

They were 2-4 in the division this year and 7-3 against the rest of the league.

Only one of those 3 losses came gainst an AFC opponent.

They win 2 of those division games and they win the division easily, and as was already stated the division is only going to be better next year.

I think you guys will be well improved next year, as will the Bills. But the records may not show it. Think about it, this is probably the tightest division in the league (IMO its tighter than the West). I think the Jets will win the division while the Phins and Bills fight for a wild card spot all season. The Pats will continue their downward spiral and prove to everyone that they are a one hit wonder. I'm predicting 7-9 or 8-8 for them. The other teams are too hard to say at this time. But make no mistake, this will be a VERY close division again.

I think you guys will be well improved next year, as will the Bills. But the records may not show it. Think about it, this is probably the tightest division in the league (IMO its tighter than the West). I think the Jets will win the division while the Phins and Bills fight for a wild card spot all season. The Pats will continue their downward spiral and prove to everyone that they are a one hit wonder. I'm predicting 7-9 or 8-8 for them. The other teams are too hard to say at this time. But make no mistake, this will be a VERY close division again.

I agree, the AFC East looks to be a tight race. Any team could win it. Usually teams from close divisions don't last long in the playoffs b/c they don't play a lot of games against inferior teams and their records are average(9-7, 10-6).

The real fact is that even Jay would have started every game this season, we would have been in the playoffs with a first round bye, and none of this "jay can't lead us to the playoffs" threads wouldn't be posted for a while.

Back
Top Bottom