WE ARE NOT CURSED | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WE ARE NOT CURSED

Why so many Debbie Downers? I have been a Dolphins fan for over 40 years, many of us on here are long time fans. People like me have seen the greatest QB/Coach tandem in NFL history not win the Super Bowl. We've had hope for a championship ripped from out under us many, many times. If you're a young fan and want to be all happy and positive great, I'm not complaining. But don't complain about our faith in the team. We've spent our money and put in our time, over and over again. I believe we earned the right to criticize. We aren't saying everyone needs to agree with us. But you should ;) Shoot, I even like some of our young talent giving forward. We are simply speaking from experience. Think about it, every criticism of a Dolphins player, a coach or management being good enough to get us to a Super Bowl EVER on Finheaven, has been correct. Why? Because none of those people, that fans were positive on, have won us the Super Bowl since this website had been running. Strange world I know, being told to think positive and it will come true. But the truth is the ones that have been, as some of you say "negative", are the ones that have been correct. That being said, hopefully sometime in my life I want to be wrong :) Have a great and safe day fellas.

Then I agree, well not entirely, I’ve been a fan since 79 so I saw the exciting Marino years and the WoodStrock SB, although we got killed in that one
Weren't we winning in the fourth quarter before the Riggins TD?

Why so many Debbie Downers? I have been a Dolphins fan for over 40 years, many of us on here are long time fans. People like me have seen the greatest QB/Coach tandem in NFL history not win the Super Bowl. We've had hope for a championship ripped from out under us many, many times. If you're a young fan and want to be all happy and positive great, I'm not complaining. But don't complain about our faith in the team. We've spent our money and put in our time, over and over again. I believe we earned the right to criticize. We aren't saying everyone needs to agree with us. But you should ;) Shoot, I even like some of our young talent giving forward. We are simply speaking from experience. Think about it, every criticism of a Dolphins player, a coach or management being good enough to get us to a Super Bowl EVER on Finheaven, has been correct. Why? Because none of those people, that fans were positive on, have won us the Super Bowl since this website had been running. Strange world I know, being told to think positive and it will come true. But the truth is the ones that have been, as some of you say "negative", are the ones that have been correct. That being said, hopefully sometime in my life I want to be wrong :) Have a great and safe day fellas.
Forget the superbowl. None of the players/coaches have gotten us past the first round of the playoffs since this site was created.

Stop bringing up old ****.

I have been a fan since 84
Those last two sentences have been the rallying cry for the last 20 seasons.
I remember a friend of mine in college (1986) always wore a shirt that said "Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Bound" That shirt has likely been in a dumpster for 30 years yet we've only sniffed the super bowl once since then (1992) before being beaten by a superior Bills team. Right now our best case scenario seems remarkably similar. The goal isn't to keep improving, it's to get better than the Bills who are also going to try and keep improving.

And a rookie QB who didn’t have a full season. Like it or not we’re going one more year with Tua
Going a full year with Tua doesn't mean there's not uncertainty. The uncertainty goes away when we get consistent franchise level performance.

Weren't we winning in the fourth quarter before the Riggins TD?
Yes we were but watching it I never felt comfortable for some reason with that lead. The Killer B although good gave us a few bad performances during the season if I can remember. This was a. Long time ago but losing to the Skins felt like we lost by 30 because of the way Riggins took over that game. I remember we had Blackwood and I think Gerald Small hanging on his back while he ran like 20 yards into the end zone.

Going a full year with Tua doesn't mean there's not uncertainty. The uncertainty goes away when we get consistent franchise level performance.
Well no kidding, there are no certainties in the NFL. Never the less he’s getting a year with a full preseason. I’m willing to dissect him then

We are not the Bills, we are nor the Browns, the Lions, Vikings or the Bengals. This is the franchise of Shula, of Griese. We are the only mf franchise in the NFL with a PERFECT SEASON! We got the #3 draft pick!!!! Small victories. We will be loaded next year. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pass that joint to all of us, we are looking to get high from the same stuff you are on!

Back
Top Bottom