We are rebuilding, trust me. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are rebuilding, trust me.

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
Alot of people on here are very excited about this upcoming season, including myself. We have alot of new players, new coaches, new offensive and defensive systems, and a new outlook. We have the makings of a very good team down the road if it all gels.

Now the reality. We are in the toughest division in the AFC, the AFC itself is tough, the defending champs are in our division, and we have the toughest schedule in the NFL this season. Most of our pickups are stop gap vets to help us be competitive on short contracts, As good as any of our rookies are they are at least two to three years from being dominant players and our current vets will be learning new systems.

The truth of the matter is this is merely the beginning of out rebuilding process. Any hopes of a playoff apperance this year should be tempered with the understanding that there have been many changes to our team this off-season. Now I know we'll be better this year but I'm really looking forward to what shape this team will be in two years from now.

The 2004 fins situation is similar to the Bills of '01. Bills were 3-13 and we went into rebuilding mode. Three years later we are legitimate contenders. Just be patient, everything is cyclical.

wow, has anyone actually looked at the picture of the buffalo in the Bills picture?? The snorting nose is under the mouth, what the hell?!

Wagon Circler said:
The 2004 fins situation is similar to the Bills of '01. Bills were 3-13 and we went into rebuilding mode. Three years later we are legitimate contenders. Just be patient, everything is cyclical.

WITH LOSMAN AT QB!?!?! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! H!A :roflmao: :eek: :lol:

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:
wow, has anyone actually looked at the picture of the buffalo in the Bills picture?? The snorting nose is under the mouth, what the hell?!

what? i dont see it

Miami was bad under different circumstances, no practice, no running back, no o-line because they had no practice time, miami lost some games last year in the 4th quarter due to interceptions. The Bills as I remember was bad for a number of seasons before 2001

I just don't really see a full out rebuilding process going on here, a lot of the guys we have brought in are older, yet still pretty good players that were signed to very short contracts. This is not how you rebuild a team, if we were in total rebuilding mode, Saban would be trying to get guys who are young up and comers, and signing them to long term deals. We may be in somewhat of a rebuilding process in that we are just rebuilding A GOOD TEAM that Wanny messed up, we already had too much talent, and added too much talent for me to think that we're going to struggle for a few years before we see dividends on our aquisitions

Buddy.. this is NOT rebuilding. IT's a makeover in philosophy and a tweakage in personel. The Tennessee Titans are Rebuilding. I bet you we're DEFINATELY over .500 and contending for a playoff spot.

Wagon Circler said:
Spare us!:roflmao:

Megatron said:
Alot of people on here are very excited about this upcoming season, including myself. We have alot of new players, new coaches, new offensive and defensive systems, and a new outlook. We have the makings of a very good team down the road if it all gels.

Now the reality. We are in the toughest division in the AFC, the AFC itself is tough, the defending champs are in our division, and we have the toughest schedule in the NFL this season. Most of our pickups are stop gap vets to help us be competitive on short contracts, As good as any of our rookies are they are at least two to three years from being dominant players and our current vets will be learning new systems.

The truth of the matter is this is merely the beginning of out rebuilding process. Any hopes of a playoff apperance this year should be tempered with the understanding that there have been many changes to our team this off-season. Now I know we'll be better this year but I'm really looking forward to what shape this team will be in two years from now.

Trust you? Why should we trust you?:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom