We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff

JRoX239

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't understand why some of us are upset, we have far more than enough draft capital to get things done. The biggest thing I have seen is the improvement in execution each and every week. My hat is going off to the coaching staff as this team is filled with practice squad guys going out and firing on all cylinders. I am not saying we have found our permanent coach just yet, but am very glad with what I have seen thus far from him and co. I cant wait to see what we could actually become as a unit given solid drafting and proper coaching.

Yes sir! I am convinced we have our coach, and it looks like he's put together a very good staff as well. They are excelling in player development, and despite the lack of talent on the roster, he has them playing cohesively. He is building a well disciplined and physical football team. At the beginning of the season, when things weren't going the way he had hoped, he stuck to his plan and now his vision is becoming clear. The foundation and culture of this team is being set, and it looks good.

This is how you build a sustainable program. Fundamentally sound football. I like it.
I have been waiting since Shula left for something like this to happen, this is the first time we have had an all out roster purge. I am frankly thrilled that I have seen improvement each and every week from let's call them the Replacements. We needed a culture shift away from big name non producing FA's and bad drafts. I will be happy if we win or lose as long as the guys are leaving it all on the field each week.

I have been waiting since Shula left for something like this to happen, this is the first time we have had an all out roster purge. I am frankly thrilled that I have seen improvement each and every week from let's call them the Replacements. We needed a culture shift away from big name non producing FA's and bad drafts. I will be happy if we win or lose as long as the guys are leaving it all on the field each week.
Well said. The big name FA thing might work out for 1 season if you are lucky (and even that is rare). Build a program that looks for certain types of players and teach them to play within your framework rather than grab a bunch of big name FAs and ask them to be the reason you win.

Other than Marino, JJ had a pretty thorough purge.

I am very optimistic for the future of this team. Seeing the progression in this team that started off looking like they don't belong in the NFL, then improving to putting halves of games together, to putting full games together and starting to win. The player development is there. I also find it refreshing that we don't see to have the 'me' guys any longer. A change in culture and getting a competent coaching staff is worth one down year imo. Yeah a top 3 pick would be nice but I'll have confidence that we will coach and develop our picks better than what we have in the past now.

his was more on the defensive side of things vs all out, as at the time he came our offense was a major threat.

He got rid of Eric green, TE. Irving Fryar was Dans #1 target and JJ got rid of him. The only real holdovers were OJ McDuffie and Kieth Byars.

then, he installed an offense that absolutely hamstrung Marino.

he cleaned house

BTW

He got rid of Eric green, TE. Irving Fryar was Dans #1 target and JJ got rid of him. The only real holdovers were OJ McDuffie and Kieth Byars.

then, he installed an offense that absolutely hamstrung Marino.

he cleaned house

BTW
Whole offensive line remained intact as well as the majority of defensive got moved to starting rotation but if you consider that a purge than it is not trying to argue.

Back
Top Bottom