We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff

The Jets are better on paper than us; ditto the Colts, even with Hoyer. Flores and staff has taken less talent to beat 2 more talented teams (granted "talent" is a relative term)

It's impressive and hopefully a portent of better times to come with good coaching. If the Fins can hold their own, at least for awhile with the Eagles, we should be extremely impressed considering they have a real HC, QB and defense.

Sure would love Tua but I have been waiting for a coach much longer. Look Brady is great but when Brady was out Bill kept winning with different QBs. So there's that. Next stop lets see if we can find a guy to get the picks right. Lamer Jackson was picked late in the first round so keep that in your hat.
Not just Lamar, I don't think a single top QB playing in the league right now went in the top 5. Or even top 10? Not off the top of my head. You can find QBs where you least expect it. What we're building right now is very valuable and we still have a plethora of draft picks and cap space to work with.

I don't want them to trade that first pick. There is some elite talent at the top of this draft and Miami needs some of those. I am 100% behind trading one of the other 2 first round picks though.
At the time where we were looking good to get the #1, the idea of using that to pick a qb when something like 7 out of the last 8 qbs taken #1 have turned out to be just ok at best seemed like an awful lot of wishful thinking that it would turn out differently for us. If you look at the draft value chart, the amount of high picks you can get in exchange for the #1 pick is nuts. Its even crazier if you're willing to take picks in next year's draft.

I was kinda hoping we got the 1st pick and traded it for a boatload of other picks. I kinda like the NE way. Drafting is such a crap shoot, better to have as many rolls as you can.
Good thing they compile lots of picks, their success rate is atrocious.

An example of Quality Coaching is how Flores and staff are now using Eric Rowe as a Safety. Over the past 2 weeks Rowe has locked down opposing TE's. TE's are averaging around 4 yds per target. There is a tweet by Travis Wingfield breaking down Rowe's success. The coaching staff has regonized potential advantages, which makes the players better and the team better overall.

These guys have proven to me that they can coach. They are able to teach and coach guys up to play from jump street and it's pretty darn cool. Our defense is swarming to the ball. The DTs are starting to eat up their guys so Mac and Baker can make big plays. I saw Charles Harris getting in on some good stuff so he is coming around a bit more. I love the man to man, pressure the QB style defense and we're getting better every week. The turnovers are starting to come so it's all clicking for the moment. The Special Teams got us the win against the Colts so we're seeing a team effort to get the win.

An example of Quality Coaching is how Flores and staff are now using Eric Rowe as a Safety. Over the past 2 weeks Rowe has locked down opposing TE's. TE's are averaging around 4 yds per target. There is a tweet by Travis Wingfield breaking down Rowe's success. The coaching staff has regonized potential advantages, which makes the players better and the team better overall.

Agreed...but they need to be dinged for having McCain there and NOT using Minkah there
They may have been forced to try Rowe by lack of competence with their initial decision
I never never did get that experiment

I don't understand why some of us are upset, we have far more than enough draft capital to get things done. The biggest thing I have seen is the improvement in execution each and every week. My hat is going off to the coaching staff as this team is filled with practice squad guys going out and firing on all cylinders. I am not saying we have found our permanent coach just yet, but am very glad with what I have seen thus far from him and co. I cant wait to see what we could actually become as a unit given solid drafting and proper coaching.

do I have to give you a thumbs up even though there are ten other threads on this exact topic over the last two days???

Its unfortunate that our draft picks keep going lower and lower, but I'm really happy for Coach Flores. He inherited a natural disaster and has actually made something out of it. He seems like a really good guy and I'd like to see him succeed.
Agreed...also give Chris Grier some love too.

Yes sir! I am convinced we have our coach, and it looks like he's put together a very good staff as well. They are excelling in player development, and despite the lack of talent on the roster, he has them playing cohesively. He is building a well disciplined and physical football team. At the beginning of the season, when things weren't going the way he had hoped, he stuck to his plan and now his vision is becoming clear. The foundation and culture of this team is being set, and it looks good.
1573570788005.png

I don't understand why some of us are upset, we have far more than enough draft capital to get things done. The biggest thing I have seen is the improvement in execution each and every week. My hat is going off to the coaching staff as this team is filled with practice squad guys going out and firing on all cylinders. I am not saying we have found our permanent coach just yet, but am very glad with what I have seen thus far from him and co. I cant wait to see what we could actually become as a unit given solid drafting and proper coaching.

I agree with everything you said except Miami not having.a good enough coaching staff to get it done once the talent gets in.

I don't know one way or the other if this is the right staff, but I do know it's not an obvious conclusion of it not being the staff.

PS - we’ll have no trouble attracting FAs to this type of culture of this continues.
Agreed. It’s funny to think that at the beginning of the year players (Minkah) were ready to jump ship, and yet by season’s end we could have FAs lining up to play in our system. I’ll admit I had my doubts at first, but I’ve been learning to trust the process.

Back
Top Bottom