We aren’t talking enough about this play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We aren’t talking enough about this play

It’s not being talked about ‘cuz it was a good play…basically.

It certainly signified a difference in attitude for this team compared to previous, queasy regimes.

There was a video posted of all Tua’s incompletions in the game, but I went and looked at his completions also, and there was some great throws in there. Big boy NFL throws, that didn’t lack velocity. I imagine the good will be ignored by many over the season, regardless.

There we’re several throws that had great accuracy enabling receiver YAC as well…so it wasn’t all bad like some of our esteemed brothers would have us believe.
That pass to Salvon Ahmed was awesome.

Play no 2 on the list. How many times have we needed to get out a hole like that but couldn’t?

In that situation? If that ball went back to NE, they have a short field and probably get the FG.

Tua had some longer throws and scores, but for me that was so clutch. And then to run the clock out.

Plays like that, putting games away like that build confidence.
Miami has definitely been ending a lot more games in victory formation under Flores.
i said the same thing in another thread.. to me that was huge.. great to see tua in that spot come through

Re-watching that final drive, the OL did a great job opening holes for the RBs. Kindley had 2 pancake blocks that I saw. I also saw van punk take a shot at hunter long. Loved kneeling down for the win with him on the field watching.
Van Punk - lol

That play is absolutely not getting enough love, but that requires giving Tua some love, and half our fanbase struggles with that apparently.

For all the hand wringing over the win, there are 3 other plays that could SHOULD have went Miami’s way and turned a 1 point win into a 10-14 point victory.

Play #1- The Elandon Roberts sack that drew a roughing penalty. That call was absolutely CRAP and the rule needs to be changed by the NFL. The Pats would have been forced settle for 3, but instead got a 1st down and ended up scoring a TD, netting them 4 extra points.

Play #2- Jaylen Waddles 3rd down drop in the 1st half. Waddle was so open, if he makes that catch, he’s not tackled until Miami is in deep FG territory. He maybe even takes it to the house, but it at least cost Miami 3 points.

Play#3- The refs blowing the NE offsides call dead when Miami had a free play and 2 WR’s 1-on-1 with no safety help over the top. Could have easily been a TD, but Miami had to settle for 3.

While there’s certainly a ton for Miami to clean up, I thought damn near every lucky bounce went New England’s way, keeping the game closer than it should have been. I’m actually feeling confident heading into the Buffalo game. Josh Allen definitely presents more of a problem than Mac Jones, but IMO, New EE

To be fair, NE fans have 3 plays that 'could have been.' The important thing is without those plays, it was still a W

Play no 2 on the list. How many times have we needed to get out a hole like that but couldn’t?

In that situation? If that ball went back to NE, they have a short field and probably get the FG.

Tua had some longer throws and scores, but for me that was so clutch. And then to run the clock out.

Plays like that, putting games away like that build confidence.

Good point! I was pleased with Parker's play. I know he's been injured, but he looked strong and fast. Fuller will be back, but I would still like to see Parker get some touches - especially to him in the endzone when we are approaching the high-red zone.

That play is absolutely not getting enough love, but that requires giving Tua some love, and half our fanbase struggles with that apparently.

For all the hand wringing over the win, there are 3 other plays that could SHOULD have went Miami’s way and turned a 1 point win into a 10-14 point victory.

Play #1- The Elandon Roberts sack that drew a roughing penalty. That call was absolutely CRAP and the rule needs to be changed by the NFL. The Pats would have been forced settle for 3, but instead got a 1st down and ended up scoring a TD, netting them 4 extra points.

Play #2- Jaylen Waddles 3rd down drop in the 1st half. Waddle was so open, if he makes that catch, he’s not tackled until Miami is in deep FG territory. He maybe even takes it to the house, but it at least cost Miami 3 points.

Play#3- The refs blowing the NE offsides call dead when Miami had a free play and 2 WR’s 1-on-1 with no safety help over the top. Could have easily been a TD, but Miami had to settle for 3.

While there’s certainly a ton for Miami to clean up, I thought damn near every lucky bounce went New England’s way, keeping the game closer than it should have been. I’m actually feeling confident heading into the Buffalo game. Josh Allen definitely presents more of a problem than Mac Jones, but IMO, New EE
When it comes to New England we've seen poorly officiated games far too often.

There's always a play or two, at the most crucial times, that goes the Patriots way. You did a great job pointing out the two in this game.

I know we have some fans here who have been officials. Wonder what their thoughts are?

BB was using timeouts like he was going to get the ball back, and in the past he would have. This team, and Tua specifically, doesn't fold in crunch time
Yep spot on. That throw was so clutch. Then Malcom Brown did what we pay him to do. What a great close out.

Back
Top Bottom