We could be in the playoff race this season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could be in the playoff race this season

T tes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People are saying that it will take two to three years to get us back on track. That could be true, however there also is a high probility that we could be atleast a wild card spot this season. (This is just a thought)

We could of have a better record last year. We were just plagued by injuries and one bad pass (Seattle) or one bad kick (Arizona) lost us games. We had six games were we lost from 7 points or less.

We can draft a impact player with the second pick to help the offense put more points on the board while our defense that we didn't have last year could prevent them from scoring.

Miami went 9-7 even with a qb like Jay Fiedler. I know they had Ricky then, but if we draft a player like Ricky Williams (Ronnie Brown) we can win maybe even more games.

True, the great thing about the NFL is that every team has a legitimate shot for the playoffs at that start of every year. A team goes from last to first almost every year as well as first to last. But the thing about it is that you can't predict which team it will be. We can't say for sure that we will be the next Pittsburgh Steelers of 2005. In our predictions we have to be realistic based on the state of the team. I would be pleased if the Dolphins were 9-7 next season. That I believe is a realistic expectation. Will that be enough to make the playoffs? Who knows? The way the AFC is probably not but at least its a winning record.

T tes said:
People are saying that it will take two to three years to get us back on track. That could be true, however there also is a high probility that we could be atleast a wild card spot this season. (This is just a thought)

We could of have a better record last year. We were just plagued by injuries and one bad pass (Seattle) or one bad kick (Arizona) lost us games. We had six games were we lost from 7 points or less.

We can draft a impact player with the second pick to help the offense put more points on the board while our defense that we didn't have last year could prevent them from scoring.

Miami went 9-7 even with a qb like Jay Fiedler. I know they had Ricky then, but if we draft a player like Ricky Williams (Ronnie Brown) we can win maybe even more games.
Good post, i do agree with you, exept that Ronnie Brown is not Ricky Williams.

T tes said:

Will will be in the hunt for the playoffs next year. If we were in the NFC we would be a playoff team.

T tes said:

couldn't agree more:D

Any team in the NFL can be a playoff team with the parity of the league, especially the AFC. Yes, we do have a chance to make the playoffs.

T tes said:

actually if you payed close attention to last year...we lost bout 5-6 games cause of a int return for a td...we could of went 9-7 or 10-6 last year...but the ints killed us

If we cut down our qb mistakes...then we'll make the playoffs we still have a very good team and its only getting better

T tes said:

I couldnt agree more. I think we could get into the playoffs not so much because of the parrity of the league but because last years record was kinda misleading. I think we were much better than 4-12 and we are much closer to being a 9-7 team than most people think.

The WHOLE team will be learning a new system....there will be mistakes, and it is hard to win when you make mistakes...

i wont say that we wont make the playoffs, cause i will be watching every game thinking we will win, so on that side of things i think we will make the playoffs....

but there will be an adjustment to the schemes...

hey, anything is possible with the parity....

the falcons did it with a new coach and system but NFC team there

I think you guys should be looking for progress. Something in the range of 6 to 8 wins this year.

But in the NFL, it doesn't take long. If you are competing for a playoff spot in year 2 under Saban, you are doing well.

Belichick was 5-11 his first year when left with Pete Carroll/Bobby Grier's roster. He performed miracles winning a SB his 2nd year. Saban still needs to purge the roster of talent left from Wanny. You can't expect him to create a roster of HIS guys in one off-season.

Buddwalk said:
actually if you payed close attention to last year...we lost bout 5-6 games cause of a int return for a td...we could of went 9-7 or 10-6 last year...but the ints killed us

If we cut down our qb mistakes...then we'll make the playoffs we still have a very good team and its only getting better

I couldn't agree more!!! Besides the Monday Night blowout vs. the Jets, we were in pretty much every game to the wire!!!

T tes said:
:confused: Wake up from what??

from the dream that coming off a 4-12 season we will be in the play-off race, i know SD did it but they had less issues than us, plus they had a running game worthy of the play-offs

Back
Top Bottom