we could save almost 12 mill buy cuting these 6 players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we could save almost 12 mill buy cuting these 6 players

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
1.bell 4.35 mill
2.mcdaniel 3.0 mill
3.garner 1.45 mill
4.clemons 1.30 mill
5.cook 1.01 mill
6.culver 850k

we already have 13m in cap space add this 12m to it and we have roughly 25m in cap space. need about 7 mill for rookies so we got 18m for free agency, this doesnt count restructuring long or marshall.

sign: manning, wayne, r.nelson, wimbley. Maybe bring back bell and mcdaniel at a discount rate.

draft OT,DT,S,G,LB

Bell, McDaniel, and Cook definitely need to go.

I can live with Clemons and Garner and Culver's really isn't that bad.

I like Tony, but that is just way too much for a guy who comes in every now and then

Gotta have a plan to replace them first ... or cutting just makes us worse.

Upgrades are the name of NFL-Rebuilding game, not cutting.

That would be fine with me. Yeremiah Bell hasn't done much and we could draft a guy like Trumaine Johnson from Montana who could step in and play either the CB or Safety spot.

Cook has already been cut and Yeremiah Bell will be restructured.

There is a good chance that Garner is gone.

Culver has a very nice rep in the league as an A+ guy. A good role player,smart,ST's. He has trade value. 5th-7th round value IMO.

I doubt Clemons cap number as a 5th round pick, but even it's valid, he still has potential and upside.

1.bell 4.35 mill
2.mcdaniel 3.0 mill
3.garner 1.45 mill
4.clemons 1.30 mill
5.cook 1.01 mill
6.culver 850k

we already have 13m in cap space add this 12m to it and we have roughly 25m in cap space. need about 7 mill for rookies so we got 18m for free agency, this doesnt count restructuring long or marshall.

sign: manning, wayne, r.nelson, wimbley. Maybe bring back bell and mcdaniel at a discount rate.

draft OT,DT,S,G,LB

If you got 18 million Peyton is still gonnna eat up most of that plus Wake will want a new contract this year, Long is heading into his last year as well.

I see them extending Long, restructuring Marshall and Dansby, and cutting Bell. Should free up enought for Manning, Wayne and Nelson. I wouldn't count out signing Saturday either.

Garner is the most versatile on the OL. I don't see him getting cut.

Gotta have a plan to replace them first ... or cutting just makes us worse.

Upgrades are the name of NFL-Rebuilding game, not cutting.

we could use the draft to get most of these guys bk in there places.

I think the only name on that list that is over payed is bell...

Seems a lot for mcdaniel but that's a guy who could start for a lot of teams as a 4-3 DT.

1.bell 4.35 mill
2.mcdaniel 3.0 mill
3.garner 1.45 mill
4.clemons 1.30 mill
5.cook 1.01 mill
6.culver 850k

draft OT,DT,S,G,LB

You don't actually save 12 million by cutting those 6 players.You still have to replace those 6 with 6 other players.Lets say they replace those 6 player with rookies at minimun rookie pay.The rookie pay has not been set yet so lets say each rookie's contract is $500,000.Thats $3 million off the $12 million you just saved by cutting those 6 players.

For argument sake we now have the original $13 million in cap space + now the new $9 million thats only $22 million in total cap space.

Now to sign the draft picks its going to be around $5 million of that cap space.Plus you need to have about $2 million of free cap space during the year for signing free agents due to injuries.Such as players being put on injured reserved.

+$22 mill cap space
- $5 mill draft picks
- $2 mill for future injury signings

Now if they sign Peyton would will his cap # be?And if I am Wakes agent I demand a major pay increase.Then we also have to worry about next years free agents such as Long and Bush.

+$22 mill cap space
- $5 mill draft picks
- $2 mill for future injury signings

Now if they sign Peyton would will his cap # be?And if I am Wakes agent I demand a major pay increase.Then we also have to worry about next years free agents such as Long and Bush.

This guy has his math right. If we don't sign Manning, we are in great cap shape. If we sign Manning, we are going to see some heads roll.

FYI - The new CBA does allow you to borrow up to 3 million against next years cap. Its not much but its worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom