we dont need to draft a wr | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we dont need to draft a wr

We DO need another WR, but if we can draft him 3rd round or later only. Id rather we use our #2 on something we really really need like a RB or LB

Phinfan31 said:
Saban has made VERY CLEAR that he will not draft based on NEED. He wants the player that will have the most value to the franchise long-term!! Will one of the QBs turn out to be a probowler franchise QB?? If Saban doesnt believe so then he will turn to WR/RB...he wants a player that will have a great impact for a lonnng time. He can fill holes with FA...which is exactly what hes been doing...he can take care of depth with FA...he wants to bring in young guys in the draft that will be here for a long time and make an impact on the team...just think about this offense though, (Braylon Edwards, Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Randy Mcmichael)...thats some damn talent! If Linehan is running 3WR sets and we have Randy as a 4th threat what are defenses going to do??? AND if we pick up a RB in the 2nd/3rd??? We will have one hell of an offense as long as Houck fixes our line!!!

and what about ricky when he comes back then look at our offence it will be as good if not better than the colts :evil: :evil:

finsnchips said:
read what the Bills guy says.

Booker doesn't dominate. Mike Williams is that guy who can get inside the heads of CBs and Ss and draw the double team. That frees up CC to do his thing in single coverage which we all know he can.

Gotcha. Or if they still double CC then he has the ability to beat the single coverage!

finsnchips said:

Booker doesn't dominate. Mike Williams is that guy who can get inside the heads of CBs and Ss and draw the double team. That frees up CC to do his thing in single coverage which we all know he can.

i think thats the first time ive EVER seen someone on this board say that... :friday:

phinMikeDC said:
Still trying to get a draft pick for Henry, eh?

:chug:

hell yeah. if it doenst happen soon ill have to fly to arizona a straiten a few guys out....

id rater draft a rb with the 1st pick, then a wr with the 2nd (assuming surtain traid) or third round pick, then go from there on o lineman for sure, saftey, cb, lb i dont even know about a qb.

FinzManiac said:
Or maybe it's Saban taking who he "believes" to be the "best player available" with that pick.

Agree 100%

I believe a while ago Saban said he wants to take THE BEST player in the draft with the #2 pick. I agree WR isnt our biggest need, but some talent you can't let pass you by.

finsnchips said:
this is a guy that know... buffalo had two, who complimented each other in Moulds and Price.

Chambers needs a compliment... Booker is not it, Mike Williams would be perfect.

LOL give it up with Mike Williams......there's no one saying that Mike Williams is THE BEST player in the draft......if we trade down I WOULD LOVE to draft Williams, he's a great reciever, but Edwards is incredible.....if Williams is SOOOOO much better, then Edwards, why isnt he ahead of Edwards on people's draft boards?

finsnchips said:

Also, why Wiiliams a better compliment than Edwards? Can't Edwards force the defense to do the same thing?

MiamiMan147 said:
Many of you guys are talking as if we'll continue to see last years offense in 2005. Not true. Linehan's offense is pass oriented and uses a lot of 3 WR sets. Adding a second gamebreaker to go along with CC (with Booker as the possession WR) makes a whole lot of sense. Braylon Edwards is a huge upgrade over Derrius Thompson. Quite a few scouts consider Edwards to be the best player in the draft, while the RB class is deep and a solid starter can be picked up in rds 2-3.

Yep, I agree with you. If we do pick the 2 spot, take the best WR on the board and with the thrid get the best QB or RB.

sacalman said:
... Why are we considering to draft a wr? We dont need a wr...
I hate to use the Patsies as a reference...but they consistantly draft WR's. In fact, they have selected 4 WR's in the last 3 drafts and it has made them a better team.

We need to keep adding talent at such an important position. Whether it's a first round talent such as Edwards, Williams, Clayton, or an athletic project in another round such as Matt Jones.

Another WR, RB, LT, DT, DE/OLB and S remain to be priority needs for adding young talent.

Phin_Phan said:
LOL give it up with Mike Williams......there's no one saying that Mike Williams is THE BEST player in the draft......if we trade down I WOULD LOVE to draft Williams, he's a great reciever, but Edwards is incredible.....if Williams is SOOOOO much better, then Edwards, why isnt he ahead of Edwards on people's draft boards?

Because Williams didn't play last year. If he did, it wouldn't even be close. Edwards wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Williams.

Williams has hands of velcro, he can jump out of the stadium, he was never accused of taking plays off, and he's BIG. He did more in his freshman and sophomore seasons than most WRs do in a 4 year college career.

Don't get me wrong, Edwards is big and fast. But his hands are suspect. And his charachter has been questioned.

As for you people who say "We don't NEED a WR!!".. Think about it this way, would you pass up the next Randy Moss-like talent for a Chad Pennington-like QB or Rudi Johnson-type RB? Just because you may "need" those positions more?

You MUST take BPA over need when you're picking 2nd in the draft. To not do so would be foolish.

Back
Top Bottom