we dont need to draft a wr | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we dont need to draft a wr

sacalman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
April 7
Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel (scroll down): "The Dolphins met with free-agent wide receiver Charles Lee earlier this week but a signing is unlikely before the draft April 23. A source said the Dolphins might be waiting before adding another receiver to their roster because the team is strongly considering selecting Michigan's Braylon Edwards with the No. 2 pick."

why are we considering to draft a wr we dont need a wr , maybe its a strategy to trade whith sd some picks

Or maybe it's Saban taking who he "believes" to be the "best player available" with that pick.

sacalman said:
April 7
Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel (scroll down): "The Dolphins met with free-agent wide receiver Charles Lee earlier this week but a signing is unlikely before the draft April 23. A source said the Dolphins might be waiting before adding another receiver to their roster because the team is strongly considering selecting Michigan's Braylon Edwards with the No. 2 pick."

why are we considering to draft a wr we dont need a wr , maybe its a strategy to trade whith sd some picks

WR isn't one of our most PRESSING needs. But we do lack quality depth. If Edwards is the best player available then I say we take him. He is definetly in the top 3 players in the draft, IMO. If we can't trade down, then he would definetly be a good option, especially if we can get a quality back a little later in the draft.

i disagree... i think there is a clear need at WR...

I like Mike Williams, would also like Williamson or Clayton if we can trade down in the first.

I really like Roscoe Parrish as a field stretcher in the 3rd round.

Also, we could just be keeping up the perception that we may take a WR. If we were to sign Lee pre-draft it would lessen the belief that we would taka a WR at #2, which could hurt our chances of trading down. Just a thought.

I'm sorry, but no team respects our WR as a group. I find it amasining what a pair of deep WR can do to help your O line.

sacalman said:
April 7

Finally, someone that has there head on straight.:D

FinzManiac said:
Or maybe it's Saban taking who he "believes" to be the "best player available" with that pick.

or we no nothing about what saban is planning or trying to set up so we ALL are clueless...

you always have to pick BPA unless that is a position that you definitly don't need like for us we don't need a TE, we could use another WR if that is what the BPA is

Many of you guys are talking as if we'll continue to see last years offense in 2005. Not true. Linehan's offense is pass oriented and uses a lot of 3 WR sets. Adding a second gamebreaker to go along with CC (with Booker as the possession WR) makes a whole lot of sense. Braylon Edwards is a huge upgrade over Derrius Thompson. Quite a few scouts consider Edwards to be the best player in the draft, while the RB class is deep and a solid starter can be picked up in rds 2-3.

yes tour talking rigth but saban knows hes etrategis and lett him do his work he knows how

Miami doesn't need to draft a top caliber #1 WR?

Perhaps you were watching the COLTS instead of the Dolphins last year?

We need a better slot receiver now that we are going to be using 3 WR sets a lot more in Linehan's pass heavy offense. But I really would like to draft Williamson if we traded down in the 1st. He runs a 4.35-4.40 and has a 45 INCH VERT leap!

Guys, look at our new Offensive Coordinator... Linehan. HE LOVES 3 WR sets. As of now, who is our 3rd WR... Thompson? Who is our 4th? Are you really comfortable with that? I know we need a RB. But in this deep of a draft, we can get a really good one in the third round. A STUD WR? won't last past the first round. Someone like Williams, or Edwards gives us a 3 WR set that would scare most teams. Throw in McMichael, and that passing offense is damn scary.

So if you are really comfortable with our 3rd and 4th wr's... then fine. I however, would feel more comfortable with a stud WR.

Back
Top Bottom