We Fleeced the Texans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Fleeced the Texans

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
We straight-up fleeced the Texans.

Teams always leave themselves vulnerable in a trade negotiation when they have a huge “need”. The Texans were reeking of desperation.... and it showed. The coaching staff knew their jobs were at risk and needed to win NOW. They had to protect their QB to have a chance. They made a decision to sacrifice a large part of their future for a short term goal. Bad move on their part.

The Fins were in the right place at the right time, and received a huge haul that works right into our (finally) long term strategy.

Tunsil stunk it up last night.

Would we have won the Ravens game with Tunsil, Stills and Kiko? Would we have had a chance against the Pats Sunday? I think not.

It is EXTREMELY RARE for a franchise to build a dynasty out of years of mediocrity. It’s much more common to build one through bottoming out. We are underperforming, so our picks will be HIGH. AND we have the advantage of EXTRA picks to boot. Perfect storm if you ask me. When the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker, he was clearly the best player on the team and it hurt. But it built a dynasty.

So, relax people, its all good!
Will we have to draft well? Yes. But we have the ammo, finally. Almost on par with an expansion team. Once we get to draft day in 2020 and 2021, it will seem so unfair to the other teams. For us it will be like Christmas two years in a row. Not to mention the cap space.

After 20 mediocre crappy years, and after 20 crappy starting QB’s in that time, I’m stoked!

The dolphins got excellent value on the Tunsil trade, but give the guy a chance to get his footing with Houston. He's been there 5 minutes.
IF Tunsil improves his play, and IF he solidifies himself as a top 10 tackle, then we still win big. Would we have wanted him here protecting Fitz? With a big contract looming? To what end? Sacrifice now, reap rewards later.

Finally we are zooming in on a Franchise QB. After 20 years!

IF Tunsil improves his play, and IF he solidifies himself as a top 10 tackle, then we still win big. Would we have wanted him here protecting Fitz? With a big contract looming? To what end? Sacrifice now, reap rewards later.

Finally we are zooming in on a Franchise QB. After 20 years!
Of course not, I agreed with the move 100%. The Texans offered qb-type compensation and you have to take it.

My point was that he doesn't suck all of a sudden bc he didn't play well yesterday. Everything is new to him right now and he'll be fine given some time.

Of course not, I agreed with the move 100%. The Texans offered qb-type compensation and you have to take it.

My point was that he doesn't suck all of a sudden bc he didn't play well yesterday. Everything is new to him right now and he'll be fine given some time.
Agreed.

And IF he ends up being “fine”, as you suggest he may, then we still win that deal. Bigtime

I agree. Take some time to grade Tunsil. It's only one game and he hasn't played all preseason. I also agree that you have to take that trade. I've only seen trades like that for the first pick of the draft or QB's. The question like everyone says is they have to, must, make the right picks and free agents.

I can’t believe how much this fanbase is acting like a scorned lover.

Tunsil didn’t ask to be traded. He didn’t want to be traded. He was upset that he was traded. Taking joy in the fact that he had a rough game after only being with his new team a week is beyond petty and reminds me of broken hearted middle schoolers.

Back
Top Bottom