We Fleeced the Texans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Fleeced the Texans

Two 1st round picks and a 2nd is nice but you should acquire talent instead of letting it go. Tunsil and Stills should have stayed.
Clearly we would not have been competing for a Super Bowl in 2019. So why should they have “stayed”? To what end?

This is about us winning the Division and competing for a SB in 2021-2022. If you are not going to be there to help THAT cause, then get the hell out and I’ll take the picks to draft those who will

I can’t believe how much this fanbase is acting like a scorned lover.

Tunsil didn’t ask to be traded. He didn’t want to be traded. He was upset that he was traded. Taking joy in the fact that he had a rough game after only being with his new team a week is beyond petty and reminds me of broken hearted middle schoolers.

been on FH long? everyone is hated.

Now that it's done all i care about is where in round 1 do we get their pick...we should hope they lose every game...just natural

Fleeced is too strong of a word.
Tunsil is a nice young talent who's going to be as good as he wants.
More times when he gets beat it looks like it comes from a lazy place.

"give the guy a break, he's only been on the team...." blah blah blah. Why is it that millionaires are allowed to take their time to do their simple job, yet the little people in America get fired for every little mistake they make? Tunsil was an LT in college, and an LT in the NFL. He is paid millions, he has a simple job to do: Block the guy in front of him.

Receivers? Catch the ball or go home. Linebackers? Tackle or go home. DBs? Cover or go home. Kickers? Make field goals or go home. You're paid millions, so do it.

I am ashamed of the Fins
We were in a good place draft wise and cap wise for 2020 prior to trading Tunsil

Stoked?

I could be stoked about young core players all being evaluated properly with Rosen at QB and building properly...something I was looking forward too
Tanking and disrespecting everything and everyone for one player who is a roll of the dice rather than begin building blocks for the future has shook my unwavering allegiance to the Fins
I live in Eagles land and I do like them but have always been a Fin fan first
Sucks to even think I wish I could change

Fo
I can’t believe how much this fanbase is acting like a scorned lover.

Tunsil didn’t ask to be traded. He didn’t want to be traded. He was upset that he was traded. Taking joy in the fact that he had a rough game after only being with his new team a week is beyond petty and reminds me of broken hearted middle schoolers.
For me, personally, I’m taking joy out of the fact that we will use that ammo to build a powerhouse.
Do I hope Tunsil will fail, uh yeah. Sorry. Why? Because if he fails, then his team has a worse record, and then our picks from the Texans jump up the draft order.

Sorry Laremy, I was in favour of drafting you, but..... I hope your team has a dismal record.

I’m all about this Franchise succeeding, especially at the expense of all the other teams. I make no apologies for that

Y
I am ashamed of the Fins
We were in a good place draft wise and cap wise for 2020 prior to trading Tunsil

Stoked?

I could be stoked about young core players all being evaluated properly with Rosen at QB and building properly...something I was looking forward too
Tanking and disrespecting everything and everyone for one player who is a roll of the dice rather than begin building blocks for the future has shook my unwavering allegiance to the Fins
I live in Eagles land and I do like them but have always been a Fin fan first
Sucks to even think I wish I could change
Ashamed of the Fins?
I would suggest that you consider being ashamed of the last 20 years.

Our future is bright my friend, because of, not despite of, the HUGE haul of picks in the next 2 years

It was a great trade for us but lets move on. Tunsil is on another team now and he's still a good player but he was not worth keeping when they offer you two 1st plus a 2nd. Now we need to make those picks counts.

The Dolphins got good value for Tunsil and Stills. More than likely Stills would not be in his peak when the team is good again and Tunsil was coming up on a huge contract extension.

Now, for the Dolphins to actually win the trade they will need to hit on those picks.

Won't mean much if they land another Charles Harris and Jamar Fletcher in the upcoming first round picks from Houston.

The same people who are laughing and saying good value. Should be outright sick over X contract.

Laremy Tunsil, the gift that keeps on giving. Once seen as a part of a rebuilding O-line which basically fell in our laps as a result of sheer luck. Now the picks we received back will help build a team instead.

Why? X plays like an elite player the majority of the time. He earned every dime of that contract.
Not arguing the numbers on the contract arguing the team whose paying X.

Why pay an all-pro when the coaching staff and front office have given up on the season?

On paper Miami took advantage of a Coach playing GM in O'Brien. This looks like a coup for the Dolphins, when compared to what Mack got the Raiders in return. But the Texans have made the playoffs several times over the last few years, so its not a given the picks will be higher than 18-20? But the Texans do have a much tougher schedule in 2019 and that, at least, looks encouraging for Miami's prospect of getting a higher 1st round pick via Houston. I have my fingers crossed because its conceivable, Houston wins 5-6 games in 2019. But again they've made the playoffs in the recent past.

Back
Top Bottom