We found our #2 CB in Needham & Wiltz/Webster dont look to shabby | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We found our #2 CB in Needham & Wiltz/Webster dont look to shabby

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Needham has shown he can be a solid corner he has good footwork and has the size and knows the scheme well.

Wiltz has been a solid slot CB after he got destroyed in week 1.

Webster can be a decent dime corner as well for depth.

These guys have impressed given their atrocious start but I think the bar is pretty low. Needham would be good for depth but I wouldn't be comfortable having him penciled in as a #2 corner. Wiltz and Webster have shown improvement, that's pretty much it really. Fair play to them but I'm not getting over excited.

I didn’t see them throw needhams way much. They did pick on Wiltz and Webster more it seemed like. I have noticed that in most the games besides buffalo.

Every time this team wins a game people think we have all the right players but the fact is we really need to add some talent. We're seeing some young players develop that have a chance to be a part of this team moving forward but there's a lot of work to be done. I expect around 20 new players in 2020

Every time this team wins a game people think we have all the right players but the fact is we really need to add some talent. We're seeing some young players develop that have a chance to be a part of this team moving forward but there's a lot of work to be done. I expect around 20 new players in 2020

Well, I do think you are seeing players show they have value on an NFL roster and we are seeing excellent coaching at work as well.

The team will add DBs to the mix, it is much needed, and the way teams experience injuries, it is almost a necessity.

You are right that we need a talent infusion, a pretty big one, but I also think this rebuilding will be more gradual instead of a 1-year massive jump.

Well, I do think you are seeing players show they have value on an NFL roster and we are seeing excellent coaching at work as well.

The team will add DBs to the mix, it is much needed, and the way teams experience injuries, it is almost a necessity.

You are right that we need a talent infusion, a pretty big one, but I also think this rebuilding will be more gradual instead of a 1-year massive jump.
I agree that we won't go crazy trying to fix everything in one year. That'd be the old way of this team doing things. I'm actually thinking we might not even get any top free agents this coming off season. More like 2nd tier players with maybe one bigger name and continue to build thru the draft.

I really don’t see any of these secondary players now on the active roster being anything more than possible backup players for the Dolphins beyond the next two drafts. Howard is the only CB presently on the roster and he is on IR, who will likely be starting in the secondary by the time the Dolphins finish drafting and signing free agents over the next two years.
Needham and a few of the other secondary players have played okay but the Dolphins are going to need severe upgrades throughout the secondary and the rest of the defense before this is anything more than a bottom tier defensive unit.

I really don’t see any of these secondary players now on the active roster being anything more than possible backup players for the Dolphins beyond the next two drafts. Howard is the only CB presently on the roster and he is on IR, who will likely be starting in the secondary by the time the Dolphins finish drafting and signing free agents over the next two years.
Needham and a few of the other secondary players have played okay but the Dolphins are going to need severe upgrades throughout the secondary and the rest of the defense before this is anything more than a bottom tier defensive unit.

To a degree I would say yes. However, the Patriots scheme has been turning no name guys into pro bowlers for years. As soon as they leave for a big contract they fall off the face of the earth. When you run a defense like ours it’s more about guys knowing the scheme and their responsibilities on each play than being elite.

Needham has shown he can be a solid corner he has good footwork and has the size and knows the scheme well.

Wiltz has been a solid slot CB after he got destroyed in week 1.

Webster can be a decent dime corner as well for depth.

Woah, hold on there. Nice depth but we still improve every position in the backfield except for Xaman. I love Laird but I still try to improve there also. I think a lot of posters here are still drunk after celebrating that nice win yesterday

To a degree I would say yes. However, the Patriots scheme has been turning no name guys into pro bowlers for years. As soon as they leave for a big contract they fall off the face of the earth. When you run a defense like ours it’s more about guys knowing the scheme and their responsibilities on each play than being elite.
Exactly.

Take Needham as an example. How can ppl make the determination that he can't be a starting quality corner, at this point?

Maybe he won't, but even top rated prospects take time to make the transition to the pro game.

If he has the instincts, and physical ability, it's really up to the coaches to teach scheme, and technique.

Woah, hold on there. Nice depth but we still improve every position in the backfield except for Xaman. I love Laird but I still try to improve there also. I think a lot of posters here are still drunk after celebrating that nice win yesterday
We need to draft a RB, and a CB for sure. I think Laird is perfect for RB#2. He didn’t wow you with his stats, but as I said in previous post, he pulled through when it counted.

I think Needham has potential to be a starter. It will take a lot more reps and coaching by Flo/Boyer though. But I want to bring in another high selection from the draft.

We need to draft a RB, and a CB for sure. I think Laird is perfect for RB#2. He didn’t wow you with his stats, but as I said in previous post, he pulled through when it counted.

I think Needham has potential to be a starter. It will take a lot more reps and coaching by Flo/Boyer though. But I want to bring in another high selection from the draft.

dude, if Laird is our number 2 next year we had a bad offseason
He’s a 3 at best. And I’m a fan of his

dude, if Laird is our number 2 next year we had a bad offseason
He’s a 3 at best. And I’m a fan of his
I’m going to disagree with this. Too many areas of need to say it was a bad offseason If Laird is #2. I would just like to see more consistency from Laird. If Ballage remains out a while, I’m sure we will see a lot more of Laird and be able to make a better determination.

Back
Top Bottom