We found our #2 CB in Needham & Wiltz/Webster dont look to shabby | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We found our #2 CB in Needham & Wiltz/Webster dont look to shabby

I doubt you will see any back take 85% of the load in this offense. If the Patriot example is reality, RBs are plug in type guys, who get their snaps on the basis of the game plan for specific opponents.

I'm not saying you don't need a true #1 back, just that I don't see any back carrying 85% of the load.
That's probably true, you're right ...I was just saying I have no problem with Laird being our complimentary back

Nik Needham has the work ethic and mental acuity to become a starter in this league. The CB position often takes 2-3 years for a player to come into his own. We're seeing starting-caliber play from this kid already. I am all for picking another high CB because you can never have too many, but we should appreciate something good when we have it.

When it comes to studying players and refining his game, Needham enjoys watching Jalen Ramsey, Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, and Richard Sherman.

I asked him who he modeled his game after and Needham profoundly said, “I wouldn’t say I model my game off anybody because I feel everybody has their own unique abilities. I wasn’t playing to be the next “somebody”, I’m playing to be the first Nik Needham. But I did grow up idolizing Darrelle Revis. His patience at the line in press and ability to shut down an entire side of the field is second to none.”

Every time this team wins a game people think we have all the right players but the fact is we really need to add some talent. We're seeing some young players develop that have a chance to be a part of this team moving forward but there's a lot of work to be done. I expect around 20 new players in 2020

I don't remember anyone saying that. Actually, the debate is which 'holes' get priority.

Nik Needham, Jamal Wiltz and others may or may not develop beyond what they've already have. That's not a bad thing. To me it's a sign of good coaching to be able to develop such young kids, so quickly. At the very least all these kids playing in 2019 are becoming a huge part of the culture and an even bigger part of the total team depth. They are proving they can handle their assignments and play sound football. This bodes extremely well for the future, whether Needham, Wiltz and others start or not.

Nik Needham has the work ethic and mental acuity to become a starter in this league. The CB position often takes 2-3 years for a player to come into his own. We're seeing starting-caliber play from this kid already. I am all for picking another high CB because you can never have too many, but we should appreciate something good when we have it.

Plus he's defending against a QB who has 5-6 seconds to throw the ball. Not many starters on any team can be successful against that. I'm a fan of Needham, but his play doesn't remove the need for another CB

Plus he's defending against a QB who has 5-6 seconds to throw the ball. Not many starters on any team can be successful against that. I'm a fan of Needham, but his play doesn't remove the need for another CB

It sure is hard to draw firm conclusions on the DB group with the lack of pass rush. That being said- sure seems like you can never have too many D’bs on the roster.

I don't think it's too early to start thinking about "X" knee and his long term future.
Can he start and finish an entire season?

I would be wise for the Dolphins to draft a top notch DB high..

The kid from Ohio is an absolute stud.

I don't think it's too early to start thinking about "X" knee and his long term future.
Can he start and finish an entire season?

I would be wise for the Dolphins to draft a top notch DB high..

The kid from Ohio is an absolute stud.

Agreed and I have actually mentioned this before. Specifically Okudah should be strongly considered if we get another win or two before the end of the season.

My concern with Howard is what you mentioned as well. His ability to play the full season and if he can't..if the FO will try to trade him before his contract is up. Bringing in Okudah now would give him at least 2-3 years before they may start seriously considering trading X.

I think Howard and Needham are the starters next year, with Wiltz as a dime back.
I just think Wiltz is too small to be used regularly. He's fine as a slot corner vs. the smaller receivers, but a big slot (like Hurns) is gonna eat him alive.

Rowe and McCain can remain as safeties I think as we bring in a third corner via FA or the draft.

Back
Top Bottom