We Got A Few Steals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got A Few Steals

HollowBeast

Active Roster
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Mink pick , steal at 11. The possibilities of a player who could be the next Ed Reed type impact for us , Tom Brady will be watching out for him soon enough you can be assured, Nick Saban says he is the best player he has coached,
WOW. Think about that!
Then to steal Gesiki the TE many had as a late round 1 guy.
I am livening the draft we had .
I’m now putting the pressure on Coach Gase. To put it together this year Deliver more wins , playoffs , Value for fans that have suffered for to long .
I’m liking our offseason moves more
I’m eager for traing camps
If our DTackles can hold up , stand up , then I’ll shut up about that position I think that is our weakness.

im usually skeptical w offseason exhuberance but i think this Fall is going to be special.

and the NFL is usually like that- generally 1 or 2 teams no one is talking about advances far in playoffs. We finally have a decent team for first time for RT to work with. if our OL is just average, we're golden. D will come together by mid season and i expect O to start clicking in week 4 or so.

3-3 start, 3-2 middle, then a 4-1 finish. wildcard win, semis win, lose in conf finals.

then we can draft a QB and REALLY go places ;)

Yeah, those first two picks were absolute home runs IMHO. That's exactly what I would have done (stayed at our natural draft spot and drafted those two exact players). LOVED those picks.

Gesicki will provide the dominant seam threat Gase has craved and had everywhere but Miami. IMHO, he will transform our offense as long as the pass protection holds up long enough for him to run those deep seam routes. He basically ran the exact same routes in college that Gase will ask him to do in Miami, so he should hit the ground running too. I'm stoked.

Minkah Fitzpatrick looks like one of the truly elite talents of this draft, and I had him in the top 5 players overall. I just hope we actually play him as a FS and let Reshad Jones be the SS he is, and move TJ McDonald to LB/SS hybrid allowing us defensive flexibility whether you regard him as an extra DB or extra LB.

Honestly, since Chris Grier took the top job, I have liked our drafts. Not getting into a pizzing contest about who is "really" in charge, just saying that with Grier's voice having more of an impact, I like the decisions more.

Without playing the QB card . . . Miami absolutely got the positions right in the first 2 rounds.

Whether it was James/Fitzpatrick or Gesicki/Goedert . . . it was the perfect time for both selections.

I mean I really don't like doing the "steal" thing because you really don't know what you have until we get a good 25 Sundays under each players belt, but I definitely think we did well to start the draft.

When we were on the clock in round 2 I was yelling Gesickis name out loud to my wife. I was really hoping we would not pass on him.
I will admit I was nervous right up until they called his name. Then all hell broke loose in my house. I was so freaking excited we finally took a TE early in the draft. Especially someone with his ability

I think from seeing all the mock drafts and seeing what a lot of people here had to say about the TE prospects, I was surprised when we selected Gesicki and Goedert was still on the board. It seemed like most people thought he was the best TE available.

Xavien Howard, Reshad Jones, and Minkah all playing together will be scary. If Cordrea (or Lippett) can man the fourth spot capably, our secondary will be something to watch.

Hopefully Lippett's Achilles doesn't cost him, because I think he was really starting to come around...

Hopefully Lippett's Achilles doesn't cost him, because I think he was really starting to come around...

It's amazing...three of the players I was looking forward to watching the most in 2017 were Tannehill, McMillan, and Lippett...and within a month, we lost all three of them for the year.

When we were on the clock in round 2 I was yelling Gesickis name out loud to my wife. I was really hoping we would not pass on him.
I will admit I was nervous right up until they called his name. Then all hell broke loose in my house. I was so freaking excited we finally took a TE early in the draft. Especially someone with his ability
Me too!!!!!!! I thought we were about to pass on Gronkowski 2.0, and I was going to watch the next obvious talent be bypassed like I had to do when I was jumping up and down screaming Rob Gronkowski's name and we passed on him for ... Koa Misi ... because Misi was the healthy one. I lost it then, and was about to lose it here until we FINALLY did the right thing and drafted Gesicki.

Looking back on drafts sometimes it's unbelievable how people passed on a guy who was so phenomenally talented and tests off the charts, but the same thing happened to JJ Watt when he fell to #11 overall. At least Gronkowski was coming off missing an entire season from back injury to fall to the 2nd round. Passing on Gesicki is going to look absolutely stupid for sooooo many teams over the next decade.

I absolutely love the Mink pick , steal at 11. The possibilities of a player who could be the next Ed Reed type impact for us , Tom Brady will be watching out for him soon enough you can be assured, Nick Saban says he is the best player he has coached,
WOW. Think about that!
Then to steal Gesiki the TE many had as a late round 1 guy.
I am livening the draft we had .
I’m now putting the pressure on Coach Gase. To put it together this year Deliver more wins , playoffs , Value for fans that have suffered for to long .
I’m liking our offseason moves more
I’m eager for traing camps
If our DTackles can hold up , stand up , then I’ll shut up about that position I think that is our weakness.
And this quote is real, he didn’t say it just to say it

Draft wise before the season starts we got the best value of round 1. If Minkah doesn't pan out, it was bad luck but it was still good drafting.

In years past I left the draft feeling like we screwed up the entire draft specially the first round. This year it feels like we picked the best possible player we could have.

Back
Top Bottom