We Got It Right (didn’t We?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got It Right (didn’t We?)

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
I am well pleased with our pick. Fitz, X, and Jones will rule the secondary. Considering the value of the pick, we seem to have won the lottery. Surprised he fell to 11.

High value pick, no (not required) QB, no idiotic trades. We did good.

Right?

I am still a bit unsure. I don’t claim to be a guru on defensive schemes. But I’m a bit stunned that we didn’t grab Edmunds. This team cries out for a LB. When AZ traded up, my son and I came off the couch. Figured Edmunds was in the bag.

Well. So long as we get a LB tonight (AND A TIGHT END DAMMIT) I’ll feel better.

And I expect once Fitz lights it up this fall I’ll feel a lot better.

Love the pick, and was a little surprise we didn't take Edmunds as well. Gase probably has a target in the second or third round.

I knew the pick the second the Cardinals logo hit the screen at 10.

Edmunds was more of a gamble.

Smith or Fitz would've been a harder decision.

BPA to fill a need for sure, I figured he would go to between 5 and 9, surprised he fell to us.
Great pick for sure.

I knew the pick the second the Cardinals logo hit the screen at 10.

Edmunds was more of a gamble.

Smith or Fitz would've been a harder decision.

Exactly! The only linebacker I wanted them to take at 11 would have been Roquan Smith. Once the Bears took him at 7, I wanted Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:
I am well pleased with our pick. Fitz, X, and Jones will rule the secondary. Considering the value of the pick, we seem to have won the lottery. Surprised he fell to 11.

High value pick, no (not required) QB, no idiotic trades. We did good.

Right?

I am still a bit unsure. I don’t claim to be a guru on defensive schemes. But I’m a bit stunned that we didn’t grab Edmunds. This team cries out for a LB. When AZ traded up, my son and I came off the couch. Figured Edmunds was in the bag.

Well. So long as we get a LB tonight (AND A TIGHT END DAMMIT) I’ll feel better.

And I expect once Fitz lights it up this fall I’ll feel a lot better.
We turned that pick around around and, I can't say it because I might get banned but yes, yes we got it very very right like hooking up with a hot Asian chick. There is no wrong. Awesome pick.

Brother, rest easy. We didn’t just get it right, we are seeing the birth of a great FO. Two years in a row we stood pat and took BPA that was also a position of need.

Now we need TE, RB, LBER, DT, and kicker. We shouldn’t be upset in which order those needs are filled, or even if we grab a WR, CB, or OG/OT, as long as they are clear cut BPA when draft them.

Nobody expected Minkah to be there, just like nobody thought Tunsill would be there. Both are serious home run hits, even if they don’t pan out.

So don’t be upset if we pass on a Gesicki in the 2nd, because if a TE hasn’t bothered to learn an essential skill like blocking, maybe he isn’t what Gase wants on his team.

YES WE DID

For quite a while now, many of us (including me!) have been screaming that this whole idea of interchangeable safeties is stupid and we need a guy who can drop back and play free safety. Reshad Jones is a GREAT box safety, but we often ask him to do too much, to cover for guys who don't know what they're doing, and to try to play deep which is not really his strength. When we had a competent free safety who knew his assignments in Louis Delmas, our defense was much, much, much better as a unit.

Grier has confirmed that Fitzpatrick was drafted as a safety. We know who our box safety is, so that means Minkah Fitzpatrick is our new FREE SAFETY.

What a great selection. Unless this kid somehow turns out to be a total bust (and I find this HIGHLY unlikely), we have made a good choice here.

Agree getting a solid TE would be nice. I like the defensive first pick and potential draft focus, as far as offense, TE and any OL would be nice to see

I just don't get it. This team is in a division where two teams essentially traded up on draft day and got qb's, with 4 teams overall do that. What does that make on trade ups the last few seasons? Miami is in danger of again trying to compete with a lesser qb in a division with better ones. And what irks me the most is you draft a FS, a season after you sign one. Now you have to hope he can play LB. Only in Miami

I just don't get it. This team is in a division where two teams essentially traded up on draft day and got qb's, with 4 teams overall do that. What does that make on trade ups the last few seasons? Miami is in danger of again trying to compete with a lesser qb in a division with better ones. And what irks me the most is you draft a FS, a season after you sign one. Now you have to hope he can play LB. Only in Miami
We have our qb already on the roster. We got a top 5 talent at 11.

Back
Top Bottom