We Got Names Boys! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got Names Boys!

It seems to me that those against an internal hire are doing it with no information. Its the ultimate I know nothing about this person opinion, but I want somebody different whom I know nothing about. LOL

We know something about Godsey--he was poor as an OC in Houston. The major caveat of hope is that he had no good QBs. But, still he fielded bottom of the barrel QBs.

The main thing about Godsey is that he seems to be the main TUa mentor. But, isn't this whole board complaining about Tua's play this season?

He umm... spent one year as the sole offensive coordinator. This year.
Lol wrong. Yes he split CO-OC duties with Jeff Scott. But Tony has ALWAYS called the plays. For all 6 years he’s been listed as the OC he’s called the plays. Don’t try to school me on my own team bro.

The ACC is a joke. Clemson's talent is way better than any other team in the ACC. I'll bet you Lawrence looks better in a pro style offense than he does in an RPO offense. I don't think Elliot even played to Trevor's strengths.
The ACC ain’t great by far but doesn’t that give him and Dabo even more credit that they haven’t failed to win it? They’ve done what they were supposed to do? But I guess knocking off Alabama twice Ohio St twice Auburn 3 times Notre Dame 3 times Georgia FSU when they were good Oklahoma twice I guess none of those are good teams. They’re great teams. At the top of college football.

And yeah I would hope TLaw looks better once he gets to the pros. Ain’t that what college guys going to the pros are supposed to do? Get better? If he don’t improve even marginally then something is wrong. TLaw was like 33-2 as a starter but the OC didn’t play to his strengths lol ok. Clemson has lost like 8 games since Tony began to call the plays but he don’t know how to play to his players strengths lol ok.

They've had ND, Virginia, Pitt (a 7-5 team at the time FFS!), and Miami in the most recent ACCCG. That says all. Conference is a complete joke. They've been able to sleepwalk to the last 6 titles. No competition, unlike the SEC.

And this is coming from a Canes fan/alum.

I only consider the ACC "power 5" in basketball. It's a joke conference in terms of football. I don't think the winner should be secured a spot in anything.
Would you consider power 5 if the Canes were walking the dog on people? Bc I remember the old big east in Miami’s heyday and it wasn’t much better if at all than the ACC now but when Miami got to the show they dominated. I could understand the weak conference argument if Clemson wasn’t winning playoff games or national titles but they are constantly. They beat at the time what was considered the greatest college team of all time by some in Alabama 44-16. Straight walked em out the stadium. Nick Saban who most consider the greatest college coach ever that was his worst lost ever. Man the SEC really prepared the mighty Tide for that lowly ACC team didn’t it?

I feel that brining Chan out of retirement indicated he was going to be a short term addition to our coaching staff. Even then he performed reasonably well.

Flores undoubtedly has some idea of what kind of coach he wants at OC. He has been around long enough to know that you can't always get what you want when you want them and hopefully, he will be moving up the ladder as he selects coaches. Our next OC may not be the one he really wants, but will probably be a step up from Chan. We'll know he has most of what he wants when we win a Superbowl.

Of course by then, those coaches will be sought after by other teams and Flores will need to bring in some other coaches. There will always be some degree of churning with coaches as well as players.

My hope is that we become such a successful franchise, most coaches would rather stay then leave, but that is not how it usually works.

Playoffs have yet to end what's the rush? So you can complain later about the hire you want them to rush?
What's the rush?? The senior bowl is like 12 days away. Would be nice to get an OC in place in time to get a plan worked out as to how to run an offense to best evaluate talent, and how to target players you have questions about to see they get answered. This isn't Madden, it takes a minute to get on the same page with everyone.

What's the rush?? The senior bowl is like 12 days away. Would be nice to get an OC in place in time to get a plan worked out as to how to run an offense to best evaluate talent, and how to target players you have questions about to see they get answered. This isn't Madden, it takes a minute to get on the same page with everyone.
Calm down Francis.

Back
Top Bottom