We Got the Advantage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got the Advantage

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I thnk if this game dont get cancled we have a definite advantage, im about 10 mins from foxboro sitting in my dorm room and there is about a foot and a half, and coming down hard, making it kinda foggy, this means there wont be too much passing in this gaem, and if it comes down to running games, i like otu chances with ricky. its MIA: good runing game vs. PATS pretty good run defense. and PATS: not much of a running game vs. MIA #1 run defense

*singing now* Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow...:D

Originally posted by Crzynick25
this means there wont be too much passing in this gaem, and if it comes down to running games, i like otu chances with ricky. its MIA: good runing game vs. PATS pretty good run defense. and PATS: not much of a running game vs. MIA #1 run defense

Uh, Miami's vaunted run offense is averaging a whopping 113 yards per game. Pats are averaging 99 yards per game with a running back by committee.

The ability to run the ball in poor weather is the most asinine statement anyone can make. Totally overblown.

The winner of this game will be the team that can effectively throw the footbball.

Re: Re: We Got the Advantage

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

Uh, Miami's vaunted run offense is averaging a whopping 113 yards per game. Pats are averaging 99 yards per game with a running back by committee.

The ability to run the ball in poor weather is the most asinine statement anyone can make. Totally overblown.

The winner of this game will be the team that can effectively throw the footbball.

You may be right, and I fully expect new england and Charlie Weiss to come out throwing. I hope our defense will be ready for it, but, it's still going to be a high risk way to go if the conditions are as bad as they look.

And, you can't deny what Ricky was able to do in the snow last year.....meaning, you really can't argue that your RBC, is in the same league as an elite back like Williams. It's days like this where the difference is going to show.

Re: Re: Re: We Got the Advantage

Originally posted by inFINSible

You may be right, and I fully expect new england and Charlie Weiss to come out throwing. I hope our defense will be ready for it, but, it's still going to be a high risk way to go if the conditions are as bad as they look.

And, you can't deny what Ricky was able to do in the snow last year.....meaning, you really can't argue that your RBC, is in the same league as an elite back like Williams. It's days like this where the difference is going to show.

I have the utmost respect for Ricky Williams. He is one of the premier RB's in the NFL.

However, the snow will play a meaningless role in today's game. The major problem will be the wind, which is expected to be consistently over 20 MPH during the whole game.

And you think Mare had problems kicking off the dirt surface? Wait until later today. This game will be decided by who has the wind in the 4th quarter and which kicker can split the uprights.

Again, you may be right but, I sure like Ricky to be able to put us in position to be that team.

*edit*....and that little thing about the 20 mile per hour winds further works in our favor right? ...we'll see...:D

Last edited:
My concern is Ricky holding onto the ball today. Quietly, Ricky went 31 days (4.5 games) without a fumble (between San Diego and Dallas). But these aren't the best conditions. And he put it on the ground last week. So it's something to be leery of.

If I were a Pat fan, thank goodness I'm not, I would be a bit worried about having a ROOKIE punter in his FIRST game ever punting in 20 MPH winds. Field position will play a major factor in this game.

Originally posted by Smacks
If I were a Pat fan, thank goodness I'm not, I would be a bit worried about having a ROOKIE punter in his FIRST game ever punting in 20 MPH winds. Field position will play a major factor in this game.

Couldn't agree more.

However, a rookie punter kicking into a 20 MPH wind is better than having Ken Walter.

The guy was pathetic and luckily, (but almost) he didn't cost the Pats a victory.

Couldn't agree more.

However, a rookie punter kicking into a 20 MPH wind is better than having Ken Walter.

The guy was pathetic and luckily, (but almost) he didn't cost the Pats a victory.

Sounds alot like our very own Mark Royals (who has thankfully been replaced by Matt Turk).

It's all making sense now -

It's December

It's snowing hard

We're on the road against a very good team

And Bruce Jacobs of Fox Sports Radio, the biggest Fins hater out there, has picked Miami to win.....

You are looking at the 2003 version of the 2000 Ravens.

FINS 14 Pats 10

Originally posted by Muck

Sounds alot like our very own Mark Royals (who has thankfully been replaced by Matt Turk).

I think thats the best coaching move of the year, replacing Royals with Turk,who I think is having a Pro Bowl year.

Re: Re: We Got the Advantage

:lol:

Ability to run the ball in poor weather is over blown? Are you sure you watch football?

The guy was pathetic and luckily

Hum I thought that EVERYTHING that the pats did this season was of skill ?

:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom