We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams

I loved Williams but I'm convinced Holland was "the pick" they had targeted and really didn't expect him to be there.
So if that's 100% accurate (and Flo was very candid about this in post draft zoomer) then of course getting a team in front of you to grab other players would be -- wicked cool IMO.

For me, Slimm Packy whatever his name is very bullish on Holland and I don't think anyone around here is even close to his comprehensive knowledge on these kids. It was very good pick. And at a critical position that will also directly impact our competitiveness against Buffalo.

Lol. This sounds like a new gm sucking his own dick. Anybody with a brain knew Miami might take a running back. Nobody on the outside knows jack ****.

My! My! Suck colorful language.

Every mock draft had us selecting a RB within the first 2 rounds. Every talking head on ESPN or NFLN discussed our RB options. Is it hard to believe that maybe Denver also assumed there was a chance we were interested in a RB, and jumped us to insure they got him? Didn’t take a leaked report or rat to assume we may have been in the market for one of them.

One more point. Atlanta would have called miami and see if they would offer more for a trade.
seems like a reasonable possibility to me. I guess some of that would be dictated by the clock tho
and also a "take it right now or leave it" offer to not get into a bidding game. But honestly I have no
clue as to what degree of ruthlessness these GMs conduct business. It would seem to me not making
enemies would be a priority if you plan on staying in the league long term.

More like Denver guessed based off info they gathered. Doesn't mean it's true I mean if you listen to Brian Flores talk about Holland in the press conference he sounded in love with the pick.
Card being run up quickly and Flores at his pro day......yes we wanted him over Williams.

I must have missed where the whole RAT thing came into play.

Paton got a text from a person in the draft room of one of the Dolphins' AFC East rivals

It wasn't someone in the Dolphins draft room it was someone we compete against, Buffalo, New York or New England

Be that as it may, if our rivals are that worried about who we are drafting I'm pretty happy!

Back
Top Bottom