We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams

When the Jets didn't draft Williams, I was thinking "we got him". But when Denver traded up I knew it was for him. When his name was called I called the Broncos, their GM and fans every name in the book 😂. However with how fast the Dolphins made their pick I felt better knowing they were probably never taking Williams anyway. I love Holland the player BTW.

I must have missed where the whole RAT thing came into play.

It wasn't someone in the Dolphins draft room it was someone we compete against, Buffalo, New York or New England

Be that as it may, if our rivals are that worried about who were are drafting I'm pretty happy!
My money is on Belicheat.

Go Broncos! Pretty detailed account sounds realistic, but I didn't want Williams... and the Broncos, well... one of the most RB-silly teams of recent times. Might want to try for a real QB sometime, John.

Word is they have targeted Doaks in the 7th of this year's draft since the start of the last college football season. This totally explains why we've allowed multiple backs from the past 2 drafts to get selected by other teams. Grier and Flo wanted Doaks!

When the Jets didn't draft Williams, I was thinking "we got him". But when Denver traded up I knew it was for him. When his name was called I called the Broncos, their GM and fans every name in the book 😂. However with how fast the Dolphins made their pick I felt better knowing they were probably never taking Williams anyway. I love Holland the player BTW.

It's still surprising, to me, that they took him. It's not like they didn't have Gordan AND they have other pressing needs like that secondary.

The only thing I could think of is, an agent might have tipped Denver off.

I loved Williams but I'm convinced Holland was "the pick" they had targeted and really didn't expect him to be there.
So if that's 100% accurate (and Flo was very candid about this in post draft zoomer) then of course getting a team in front of you to grab other players would be -- wicked cool IMO.

For me, Slimm Packy whatever his name is very bullish on Holland and I don't think anyone around here is even close to his comprehensive knowledge on these kids. It was very good pick. And at a critical position that will also directly impact our competitiveness against Buffalo.
I agree. Holland was the pick no matter what. Miami turned the card in with 5 minutes left in the clock. That's quick.

Exactly.

It's still surprising, to me, that they took him. It's not like they didn't have Gordan AND they have other pressing needs like that secondary.
Which is why they'll be picking top 10 next year. Dumb move on their part. Probably payback to us for taking Phillips.

Card being run up quickly and Flores at his pro day......yes we wanted him over Williams.
People make a deal about attendance at Oregon Pro Day . Penei Sewell was also a good reason to have attended.

Back
Top Bottom