We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams

“An ESPN reporter who has close contact with sources inside the #MiamiDolphins organization told me that the team was going to draft S Jevon Holland regardless if RB Javonte Williams was there or not. Also makes sense, seeing as how the Fins turned in that card so quickly, and continued to wait on a RB.”
Kinda figured, Flores was way too happy....

...after a day or so of relative "happiness" it didn't take long for that good old bitching and infighting to kick back in!

And all this over nothing more than rumor and suspension.

The internet is like everyone thinking out loud all the time with very little consideration to the legitimacy of the content.

But for sure -- it's absolutely worth arguing over and getting all salty!

:p

lol you aren’t paying attention if you buy this. I’ll make it easy for you. Flores doesn’t value RBs. Maybe next year when a RB might put us over the top

And Niche says a rb with no holes is as valuable as a boat in the middle of a desert.
LOL you guys… This is great! keep it going!

this article the op quoted is remiscent of DRaft Day, it's a huge. I want to be your slut reporter okease use me

What reports?

What teams contacts other teams to congratulate them during a draft?

So AFC teams contacted Denver, who is in the AFC to congratulate them from stopping another AFC team from drafting a RB?
"has the jury reached a decision"
"we have your honor, we find the defendant… Guilty! HEADS will roll…

this article the op quoted is remiscent of DRaft Day, it's a huge. I want to be your slut reporter okease use me
it's all I can do to try not the picture a cat writing this

If true it sounds like Fins sent out mis-info to get Denver to trade w/Falcons (who also wanted a safety) so Atlanta wouldn't pick the guy we coveted all along. This story sounds much more realistic especially adding that the Fins wasted no time in selecting Holland when they were on the clock and Atlanta did pick a safety with there next pick.

Most interesting part of the article is Dawn Aponte works for the NFL now. I didn’t realize that. She was the only successful part of our front office during those Jeff Ireland and Mike Tannenbaum years. Hell of a capologist.

Hard to tell with so many smoke screens

Here is my gut instinct, with no proof either way.

Elway seems to hate the Dolphins I guess, goes back to Gase. We ran it up against them, then they returned the favor if I remember correctly.

I envision two scenarios. One, someone in Fins org yapped about our draft target and that led to the trade. In that case, did the Fins person lie or tell the truth? NE made us fear they were moving up to draft OL Vernon Carey and so we traded up one spot with Minnesota. NE took Vince Wolfork.

Flores is aware of that. He isn't stupid. Almost nothing leaks from the Fins compared to previous regimes. Perhaps then someone in Fins did say something about the RB, but we really wanted the safety. I love Holland. I live in PNW and he reminds me of Pac Ten version of Ed Reed. Not saying he will be the dude, because Ed was the man. But he plays with lots of instinct and is smart.

Second, maybe Elwha and Broncos are pissed they couldn't trade up to select J. Phillips, and so in a rash fit, the traded up to take someone they thought we wanted.

Either way, it's strange the Broncos would take him when they already had Gordon. Maybe they got tricked.

So Studesville calls up Denver and says, "Hey you know who we really like in the 2nd round? Javonte Williams. If you guys want him, you better trade up to Atlanta to get him. I used to be your guys running back coach for 6 years, I wouldn't steer you wrong"

I just realize something, isn't the GM for Denver the one that Grier supposedly has a really good relationsion with going back to their days together in Miami?

It's possible that relationship and exploration of trade scenerios could have tipped the Dolphins were aiming for J.Williams in the 2nd round.
Sorry ANUfan, I’m still not buying it. Grier was going to take Holland with that pick and that is why the card was already on its way up as soon as the Denver pick was announced.

Last edited:
Just maybe the FO is happy with the rb already on the roster. They didn't get a real chance to shine behind last year oline

Back
Top Bottom