We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have a RAT that cost us Javonte Williams

So Studesville calls up Denver and says, "Hey you know who we really like in the 2nd round? Javonte Williams. If you guys want him, you better trade up to Atlanta to get him. I used to be your guys running back coach for 6 years, I wouldn't steer you wrong"

Right that didn’t happen. It could of been a passer by text “I, Studsville, really like Williams in this draft.”

Or this didn’t happen at all. Which is likely.

The biggest likelihood is no one leaked anything. Miami wanted Holland there. Denver didn’t want to take the chance of missing out to Williams to us because they thought we could be targeting him and traded up. Pretty simple. Not sure why the entire world is complicating this situation

They hardly needed insider information since Williams was rumored to the Dolphins leading up to the draft. Every team maintains a list of needs for every other team in the draft, which helps in deciding where to grab a guy. Everyone has a vague idea of who other teams may be targeting, agents know how often a certain team contacts and interviews their guy, how often a team's scouts are on campus asking about him and they communicate that information to drum up more interest in their client. Nothing nefarious about it.

Prefer Holland and Liam and like the direction of getting Long (starter 2022) because Guhsickee is a question mark going forwards (2022)

don’t see how we get these potential starters If they bagged Williams
I like Gesicki but I have a feeling he’s going to get a Charles Clay type contract after this season and it will be too rich for us. Just my gut sense.

You "sound' like Luis from the Ant-Man movies.

Seriously....

Is she hot?

Asking for a friend.......

Have none of y'all see Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

maxresdefault-1.jpg

When people were convinced the Jets or Falcons would target Williams, I didn't think he was the type of back they typically target and said that if he's drafted before 36, it'd probably be in a trade-up. I also wasn't convinced Miami cared about RB enough to feel they needed one of the top guys, but I heard enough people with inside info saying they did to make me see it as a possibility, and RB at 36 > RB at 18.

I'm glad that Miami went for talented players at much more valuable positions.

Great, simple Benjamin. Post that text please.
What I find funny is Williams may be a good back but what did any AFCE team fear he would bring to Miami.......Barry Sanders.

Was he coming in and taking us straight to a SB. I don't get what the hoopla is with us not drafting him.

I agree. Holland was the pick no matter what. Miami turned the card in with 5 minutes left in the clock. That's quick.

Those who are so convinced of this amuse me.

It’s not hard or time consuming to select the highest rated player on your board.

If Williams was that player, it’s easy enough to select the next available player.

Holland may well have been the player they selected regardless, but the reasoning being cited doesn’t in any way affirm it.

If they were really targeting a RB at #36 I don't see them waiting until #244 to select another

Back
Top Bottom