We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

Krush

Finaholic
Club Member
Reaction score
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.

so leaving at the worst possible time, then continuing to bash the team and players in interviews for some odd reason, then having your lawyers talk to the NFL acting like your willing ot come back last year just to turn around and say no again is ok... we should still respect him after all that?

giving someone a notice is totally different from giving someone no notice at all, Ricky quit in traing camp which made it too late to find a replacement. If he quit before the draft then we could've drafted a hopeful at least

i've done it... but a large retail chain is not the Miami Dolphins.

There are millions of people that can be a shop assistant... Ricky was a top 5 NFL RB.

It's an extremely poor comparison.

You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

By the way, just to establish my right to ride my high horse, I've never left a job with less than 2 weeks notice, not even the job I had schleping popcorn at a movie theater. The last job I left, I was going to give two and ended up giving them an additional week because a whole bunch of work had just come in. I even stayed late on my last day.

So uh, no, I don't see where Ricky's coming from, even assuming that your ****amamie analogy somehow applies to us everyday working schmoes.

If I were the centre of a million dollar apparel enterprise

when I left any job I ever had for whatever the notice that was due, I would expect to find myself unforgivable. We all bought share in the guy and he tank'd. Yeah, it's very similar to the every day Joe Schmoe situation.

That said, I want to win more than I want to see the pot-head pillioried. If he comes back I won't stop shouting for my team and who knows, I may well wear his shirts if it happens that they're the only ones fit to wear on the day. What you ask, however, is unreasonable. Respect, as a person. :roflmao:

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.

While I'm willing to accept Ricky back, not because of your poor reasoning. I don't give up on my friends/teammates when they need me, you know why? Because I have principles, something Ricky doesn't have, at least unselfish ones. ANd one more thing, football players don't "put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo" pal. They do it because they get paid millions of dollars to play a sport for a living. Something most of us would do if given the ability/chance. You portray them as doing us a favor. Hate to tell you, our fandom does them a favor, allows them to make a great living, and more money than many of us will ever make.

So, you can step off the soapbox now.

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

:0wned: thank you

Sounds like your more of a Ricky fan then a Dolphin fan so maybe you should create your own site like maybe whatrickydidwasok.bong Ricky screwed us period. We drafted Ronnie Brown, he is our future. Ricky does not deserve to ever wear a Dolphin uniform again as far as I am concerned. If Saban takes him back and Ronnie has to split the carries with him I will puke.

if saban was to take this clown back, then my friends its time to buy an arizona cardinals jersey...

Back
Top Bottom