We have released WR Ricardo Louis and waived QB Jake Rudock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have released WR Ricardo Louis and waived QB Jake Rudock

No preseason games may have had a factor in this

Good point and I wonder if they plan to keep Perry so have a 3rd QB [on game day roster] plus he steps up as either a WR, RB, returner so justify his position on the roster. Or as a 4th QB overall.

Last edited:
Good point and I wonder if they plan to keep Perry so have a 3rd QB [on game day roster] plus he steps up as either a WR, RB, returner so justify his position on the roster. Or as a 4th QB overall.

I think for Perry to play qb you would have to have an offense that ran the ball 85 to 90 % of the time. Based on Fitzpatrick's age and Tua's 2019 injury, I would think Miami will have three active fulltime qbs on gameday.

I expect Rosen will be on the roster on game days with both Fitzpatrick and Tua. I still think if the Dolphins keep Perry around, it will likely be on the practice squad.

Unless Perry shows in practice that he can be their primary returner on punts and kickoff, I just don’t see him as one of the top 6 wr’s on the roster or one of the top 3 RB‘s. I think he could be an exciting addition to the offense but with limited practice and no preseason games, it is going to be extremely difficult for him to make the active roster.

I expect Rosen will be on the roster on game days with both Fitzpatrick and Tua. I still think if the Dolphins keep Perry around, it will likely be on the practice squad.

Unless Perry shows in practice that he can be their primary returner on punts and kickoff, I just don’t see him as one of the top 6 wr’s on the roster or one of the top 3 RB‘s. I think he could be an exciting addition to the offense but with limited practice and no preseason games, it is going to be extremely difficult for him to make the active roster.

Fortunately for him... return 'skills' are mostly just natural talent and dont require a great deal of practice.

Fortunately for him... return 'skills' are mostly just natural talent and dont require a great deal of practice.
I agree but they have other players on the roster who will likely make the active roster who can also return kicks as well as play other positions. So Perry is going to have to show that he is worth keeping on the roster because he is the best returner on the roster.

I would love to see him make the final 53 but with him being a 7th round pick and with so little practice time, I think it is going to be extremely hard for him to make the final roster.If the Dolphins can keep him on the PS, I think he could eventually work his way onto the active squad.

I also don’t see another team signing him off the PS for their active roster in 2020. Without any tape on him in the NFL and no preseason games, I just don’t think another team would have that much interest in him now if they didn’t think enough of him to draft him to begin with.

Agreed... I suspect that he is a 2 year prospect, slated for the practice squad... but that said, I'm eager to close the book on Grant.

If he shows anything... anything at all... I'm going to cut Grant or flip him for a 7th rounder..

Idk, if Perry shows well in practice I could see Flores keeping him active. Seems like a dude who will play anywhere- receiver, rb, returner, qb, maybe some other role on special teams as well. Jack of all trades could be valuable

The one area can can see Perry being used because of his versatility is on trick plays and Flo certainly liked to pull them out every now and then. If he shows something in practice I could see one or two plays being put in the play book each week to be pulled out if needed. Plus his ability to fill in at WR, RB, QB, returner may get him regular positions on the game day roster especially as I believe they can suit 55 this year with one or two can come from the PS to allow for injuries.

Didn't they get the rosters down from 90 to only 80 players for TC? IIRC teams can only have 80 players so expect us to let a few more players go soon if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom