We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
RyanTannehill-600x347.jpg

Dolphins coach Adam Gase needs a better QB, (though he doesn’t know it, or won’t admit it), but has nobody to turn to. So he could only watch Sunday as Ryan Tannehill’s three second-half turnovers, two parlayed for TDs, led to the blown 17-point lead and Miami’s 27-17 loss in Cincinnati.

It felt Sunday as if we were witnessing a seismic fault in the foundation under Tannehill’s future here. Like we were seeing the beginning of the end of the Tannehill era. It isn’t just the consecutive awful games. Far from it. It is the cumulative effect. It is seven years of this. Of enough upside to tease us that he’s the guy, and enough of much less to make us know he isn’t.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article219664255.html#storylink=rss

It’s so convenient to blame it all on one guy. He sucked the last two games but so did everyone else on offense. Changing the QB and all other issues go away? Good luck with that.
No pal, changing the QB does not make all the other problems go away. But changing the QB lessens the impact of these other faults. Tremendously. As in SIGNIFICANTLY.

It’s five games into 2018. Miami STILL HAS NOT ADDRESSED THE NEED TO ACTUALLY DEVELOP A TRUE BACKUP QB TO TAKE OVER IF TANNEHILL IS HURT OR FAILS.

So we roll with RT another year. It’s all we can do. He will tease us some more into thinking he’s actually something. And he will also continue to suck on a seismic level.

Hypothetically, if the oline was great, the receivers were great and so was the running game and the defense, everyone says Tannehill will succeed, right?

But the more I watch him, I dont think thats 100% true. Win a few games like 2016? Go 9-7 or 10-6, yeah he probably could but I dont think he could win a Super Bowl, even with everything around him perfect. I use to think he could, that if we had the Vikings D and the Cowboys line and Todd Gurley and the Falcons wide recivers, Tannehill could win a Super Bowl.

I no longer have the confidence he could do it now. Not to mention, not many teams in the history of the NFL have had a roster that fits those specifications. Think about, maybe the 85 Bears, the Ravens the year they won it in the 2000's. That's it, those 2 teams are the only ones I can think of that Tannehill would have a chance at winning a ring.

If you need to build a once in a generation team around a QB for him to win a Superbowl..... you need a new QB.

We're in an era where passing is more important than ever. Miami had the ideal QB for this era, but he entered the league about 25 years too early.

If Tannehill succeeds this season, then great. But if not, why be absolutely, positively married to him? Why not try to find a QB who can be more dynamic, who can work under less than ideal conditions? Will he be easy to find? Of course not-- but that doesn't mean the Dolphins shouldn't keep trying.

Of course, if Gase is the issue, he'd need to start a season a la Sparano in 2011 or Philbin in 2015 before Ross thinks of firing him.

If Marino played in todays NFL, with Duper and Clayton, he would have 6000 yards 70 TDs and Duper and Clayton would both have 1500 yards.

We would be the toast of the NFL.

Wait, have they figured out how to clone ppl yet, maybe in one of the Koreas? I.... have an idea.

By my count he's now had 2 bad games (jets and pats), an average game (Titans), a TERRIBLE game vs the Bengals and so far only One very good game vs the Raiders.

3 bad games out of 5 so far Im willing to give him the season to turn this around but if he has more games like these I would hate to have him as our only QB going into next year

At some point, for self-preservation, Gase is going to move away from Tannehill, the QB that has already seen 3 coordinators and a head coach that trusted him just enough. IMO that began in the offseason with Gase publicly promoting Mayfield. Last season Gase was able to win 6 games with a QB that was in the announcers booth, and could win a couple more with the QB that he inherited, just a couple more (or less?). I'm sure, behind the scenes, this has been relayed to the powers that be.

Bottom line-we had a huge lead and we were heading for a great road win against the Bengals. RT was instrumental in 7 points, the pass to Drake, all day. But, the defense was amazing in the first half and Special Teams got us 7 and some great field position. We needed our QB to make some plays in the second half and take home a sweet victory. Did our QB make plays and bring home victory? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the Bengals. He panicked like a rookie when the Bengals turned up the heat. We need better at QB. Why? Because Tannehill is the worst QB in the AFC EAST and it's reached a point where the wondering about him has become the answer. Roll with him for now, we have no choice but I'm really down on that bull crap second half that Tannehill played. That was a BIG game and he blew it personally. 3 turnovers! Enough of this guy. No more excuses, it's on Ryan. I hope he has a better showing at home this week against the Bears. We'll either be 3-3 or 4-2, big difference.

It’s so convenient to blame it all on one guy. He sucked the last two games but so did everyone else on offense. Changing the QB and all other issues go away? Good luck with that.

You have it all wrong. He has sucked the last 7 seasons. Please see the definition of insanity.

What would RT passing yard totals be without all those yac ? Sad really.
Tannehill is at 4.9 air yards per completion. That means, for every completion he has, the ball has traveled 4.9 yards in the air. For comparison, Roethlisberger is at 4.8, Brady at 5.0.
Tannehill has 7.9 intended air yards per pass. That means, the ball has traveled 7.9 yards in the air on average for every ball thrown by Tannehill. For comparison, Roethlisberger is at 8.1, Brady at 7.5.

What I want to say is that all QBs have YAC, all QBs throw short passes.

One more interesting stat: air yards to the sticks, which means
the amount of Air Yards ahead or behind the first down marker on all attempts for a passer.
Tannehill is at -1.4 which means on average he throws a pass 1.4 yards short to the first down marker. Roethlisberger -0.6, Brady -1.3, Brees -2.1

These numbers should shoot down the notion that Tannehill is the only QB who always throws passes short of the sticks.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing

Back
Top Bottom