We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future

Miami isn't capable of building an offensive line good enough for Ryan Tannehill to succeed. It ain't gonna happen.

If they did, then he'd be the weak link. That won't get it done in a league that is QB driven. Your quarterback determines your margin for error in the NFL. That's why the position is so important.

Just as importantly, Miami still doesn't place the proper emphasis on interior line play. Even though it also keeps wrecking their seasons under Gase. When they do try to place a little extra emphasis on it, they can't evaluate properly.

They don't get it right on the offensive line. They're always wrong. That can't happen.

Miami isn't capable of building an offensive line good enough for Ryan Tannehill to succeed. It ain't gonna happen.

If they did, then he'd be the weak link. That won't get it done in a league that is QB driven. Your quarterback determines your margin for error in the NFL. That's why the position is so important.

Just as importantly, Miami still doesn't place the proper emphasis on interior line play. Even though it also keeps wrecking their seasons under Gase. When they do try to place a little extra emphasis on it, they can't evaluate properly.

They don't get it right on the offensive line. They're always wrong. That can't happen.

This is what it’s all about. The fact that the Dolphins can’t put enough emphasis or evaluate that correctly is the biggest issue. Jesse Davis and Ted Larsen as your starting guards is a disaster. Even with Larsen being a backup, it’s still a disaster. Bengals game was a perfect example - the Tackles would almost always get penetration almost immediately. Combine that with Sam Young giving direct inside releases, it doesn’t make a lick of sense.

i’d be AOK with a Tannehill trade- just so I can finally watch him have success when he gets to play behind a real live NFL O line.

Hopefully THill doesnt want to renew his contract here next year. Better yet he gets traded to another AFC team.

i’d be AOK with a Tannehill trade- just so I can finally watch him have success when he gets to play behind a real live NFL O line.

Hopefully THill doesnt want to renew his contract here next year. Better yet he gets traded to another AFC team.
And even more hopefully, you go with him.

Most of us are here because we love the Miami Dolphins; it’s not the “I Heart Tannehill” fan club. I was a fan of this team before Tannehill was born, and I’ll be a fan after he’s retired. My fandom isn’t contingent on what happens to Tannehill.

There is no team that would start Tannehill over the QB that they already have lol! Tannehill would be a backup for any other team.

Tannehill was restructured this past off-season. If they were to cut him, it would cost the team $13.5M in dead cap money (overheard on 5 reasons why podcast)

Seeing how your name is “LoneStarPhin” and Tannehill played for Texas A&M and lived in Texas, this must be a loyal Tannehill fan or family member.

Ryan Tannehill is gonna get hurt this next game. Every game there's more and more pressure and hits coming his way and the Bears front going against Miami's O is a recipe for disaster. I'm not saying I want him to get hurt, there's just a feeling down in my bones that it's gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait till we lose the next game against the Bears. Our offense will lay another egg and Gase will start thinking on how he can save his job... Then after losing 4 of the next 5 and with the bye week he will pull the trigger and start Osweiler. Gase Is far from the creative coach we were sold and he has shown no ability to adjust, but a good QB (and Osweiler Is not a good one) can make an average coach look great, so it Will happen next year. Like I said on August, I have faith on defense and no hope for this garbage of offense we have, and reason number one Is our QB, reason number two the coach and reason number three the depth of the OL. We have a young defense to build upon, that should be better next year. I think Grant, Tunsil, Wilson, Drake and Stills are keepers and next year we should go all in at QB. Drafting one on the first round and landing a FA like Bridgewater or McCarron to compete with the best between Osweiler and Fales. Thats why I think after the bye we will do tryouts. Cutting Tanny, Wake, Branch and Amendola, should give us enough amunition to bring a pair of solid lineman and then go heavy on offense next draft, QB on round 1 and playmakers on the others.

Such drama. A good game against the Bears and watch all the haters hideaway again. Easy to read.
That’s the problem. Tannehill has a few average to above average games after a few clunkers and tricks everyone into thinking maybe we can win with him. Lol his fans and the FO keeps falling for it and have been for 7 years now.

There is no team that would start Tannehill over the QB that they already have lol! Tannehill would be a backup for any other team.

I'm betting the 49rs would.

You love Tannehill more than the Dolphins..... that's what your saying here. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Such drama. A good game against the Bears and watch all the haters hideaway again. Easy to read.

They probably will but they shouldn't. 1 good game vs. a bunch of bad games does not a good quarterback make. I think Tanny's ceiling is medicore.

We're in an era where passing is more important than ever. Miami had the ideal QB for this era, but he entered the league about 25 years too early.

If Tannehill succeeds this season, then great. But if not, why be absolutely, positively married to him? Why not try to find a QB who can be more dynamic, who can work under less than ideal conditions? Will he be easy to find? Of course not-- but that doesn't mean the Dolphins shouldn't keep trying.

Of course, if Gase is the issue, he'd need to start a season a la Sparano in 2011 or Philbin in 2015 before Ross thinks of firing him.

Similarly, Tannehill would've been golden in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom