We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have Seen A Seismic Fault In The Foundation Under Ryan Tannehill’s Dolphins Future

Such drama. A good game against the Bears and watch all the haters hideaway again. Easy to read.

Funny, I recall reading the same post before the Patriots and Bengals games.

anyone who watches other NFL games and sees how the top QBs navigate the pocket under pressure and make plays to win games understands that RT is never going to elevate this team where they want to go.
He can lead you to 6-9 wins a year. But, not good enough to get you into the contender level.
I wanted to believe in him, but after watching him in all 5 games, I've accepted he will never be more than what we've seen.
In 5 games he has topped 200 yds only twice. This is the NFL, not the Big 12 of the 80s running the option. He's a pop gun QB and that will not cut it at this level.

i’d be AOK with a Tannehill trade- just so I can finally watch him have success when he gets to play behind a real live NFL O line.

Hopefully THill doesnt want to renew his contract here next year. Better yet he gets traded to another AFC team.

Honestly, if he was traded to another team in our division would that really worry you? It doesn't worry DCs, that's for sure. Their game plans are usually to shut down the run and short safe passing game and DARE RT to beat you with his arm over the middle of the defense.

Miami isn't capable of building an offensive line good enough for Ryan Tannehill to succeed. It ain't gonna happen.

If they did, then he'd be the weak link. That won't get it done in a league that is QB driven. Your quarterback determines your margin for error in the NFL. That's why the position is so important.

Just as importantly, Miami still doesn't place the proper emphasis on interior line play. Even though it also keeps wrecking their seasons under Gase. When they do try to place a little extra emphasis on it, they can't evaluate properly.

They don't get it right on the offensive line. They're always wrong. That can't happen.

It really can't be better said than this.

The Dolphins are NEVER going to be pristine in their personnel evaluations. We just don't have the football minds, from ownership on down.

That's why getting a real QB is so important. We need someone talented enough who gives the team margin for error. The type team that is required for a Ryan Tannehill to have sustained excellence is not possible in a salary cap sport.

Before the Patriots game? No, everybody loved Tannehill, remember?
No I don't remember everyone loving Ryan, do you? There has been a divide since day one. Just to clarify do you love Tannehill?

No I don't remember everyone loving Ryan, do you? There has been a divide since day one. Just to clarify do you love Tannehill?

Sometimes ;) I think Tannehill is much better than what most people think and deserves more credit. The OLine has been horrific virtually every year. But I think there needs to be a top QB prospect in the system by next year, we have nothing right now.

Honestly, if he was traded to another team in our division would that really worry you? It doesn't worry DCs, that's for sure. Their game plans are usually to shut down the run and short safe passing game and DARE RT to beat you with his arm over the middle of the defense.
Excellent post here. Think about what he's saying. Tannehill is starting for team X facing the Dolphins on a random Sunday. Do you care?

It’s so convenient to blame it all on one guy. He sucked the last two games but so did everyone else on offense. Changing the QB and all other issues go away? Good luck with that.

And the contract, don’t forget about that ... less money spent on your QB means more you can spend on the OL and the rest of the team. Tannehill’s cap number next year is $26.6 million, he isn’t worth anywhere near that amount. Cutting him next year with a June 1st designation clears $19 million and another $20 mil in 2020. The amount could pay for the first 4 years of a rookie QB’s deal.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time to consider that the issue isn't necessarily the QB, or the offensive line. It could very well be both.

At least we got Tunsil right.

Is this the most bipolar site of all NFL teams? I'm thinking it is.
It is a site of many "arm chair GM's". There is never much sustained optimism because there is always something wrong with the team, so many look ahead to the draft or what needs to change. Other teams get to have arm chair QB's because their teams are doing well. To the Bipolar Express...I don't think most fans really believe, so they have a short fuse. Although I've never cheered for another team (or will), I don't really believe in the Dolphins currently, and I'm not a fan of what has transpired. If loving the Dolphins and not being happy with them in recent years and not believing in them lately makes me a bad fan, no problem. Each to their own definition. Blindly cheering is not a fan to me. A fan is believing in what is happening and being proud of it. Are the so called "true fans" proud right now. I think not. All of that sort of stuff leads to the Bipolar Express. It will run at full speed in December.

Back
Top Bottom