We have to start drafting QBs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have to start drafting QBs

TexanPhinatic said:
Heh this amuses me. We have a QB who is coming off a major injury and has issues reading defenses and making good decisions, that we really have no idea if he can return to form or not-a guy who is at best game manager with questionable skills and (again) decision making-and a guy who has never started a game despite playing for the Miami Dolphins.

What part of this makes you feel secure at QB, ESPECIALLY if a franchise guy like Brohm or Smith is sitting there for us? You dont pass a franchise QB for what we have-unknowns and backups. Get yourself a playmaker and general to lead your team.

You keep saying that Troy Smith and Jeff Brohm are franchise-type QB. Maybe you are right but they are unknowns associated with them as well. It took Smith three years to learn how to read defenses on the college level and he may need that long to learn to read defenses on the pro level. Do we do what Dallas did with Romo and wait or do we throw him to the dogs and see how he handles it? Brohm has shown that he has problems staying healthy as he has missed several games the past couple of years due to injuries and showed several times this year that when he receives pressure his decision making can be suspect. Don't get me wrong, I like both these players but I don't have blinders on when it comes to drafting prospects.

OK, Im not entirely dismissing that DC can come back and be a playmaker, he might. But he might not. Probably wont, if we look at all the evidence. So to go into the season blindly thinking that hes the man is just silly.
Harrington is a good guy and can be effective at times, but hes not a game breaker, a dominator. If we want him to start next year while Brohm or SMith sit on the bench and learn like Palmer or Rivers did, then thats fine!

Im not saying we need to get a starting QB who should be taking us to the SB in his first year. Im saying we have unknowns at QB more than any other position, and it needs addressing, especially as it is THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the team.

Smith or Brohm are guys that in 2-3 years can be putting up numbers like Brady and Palmer and Manning. Why dont people want a QB who can do this? It just baffles me.

Back
Top Bottom