We have to start drafting QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have to start drafting QBs

IluvJuMiami

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The round doesn't matter. I think its imperative we begin to draft QBs in every draft. I haven't heard much about it anymore. Seems like after we fell out of the Brady Quinn/Troy Smith sweepstakes the chatter stopped. It's crucial to have constant competition, especially fresh, young competition at the most integral position on a team year in and year out. And this has no bearing on JH or DC. Even if drafted in the first round the youngster could sit behind the pair, although I wouldn't be in favor of wasting a 1st round pick on a 3rd string QB.

I think it Saban should draft like this

1st- 3rd Round- O-line
4th-backup kicker if mare chockes
5th- Maybe a CB
6th- QB, Hope we can get the next Marino

Dolphins Own said:
I think it Saban should draft like this

1st- 3rd Round- O-line
4th-backup kicker if mare chockes
5th- Maybe a CB
6th- QB, Hope we can get the next Marino

We need a stud veteran Olineman out of FA and another stud in the first day of the draft. I doubt Saban is going to draft 3 Olinemen back to back to back and I wouldn't much be in favor of it either. But yes, main point, pick up a QB somewhere along the lines.

Dude, imo, round 4-a killer linebacker or lightning fast wide reciever. A kicker can be had without giving up a draftchoice or just keep Olindo. He's doing better and maybe he'll restructure. I like o-line as the #1 priority. Imagine 2 new monsters for Houck to groom into superior players. Left tackle and Right Guard maybe. Culpepper returns to 100% form, Ricky comes back to reform the amazing Ricky and Ronnie backfield again. With our top 3 in the NFL defense and an offense with all the right new pieces added we'll be very hard to beat. I'm looking forward to being an elite team next year. It will happen.

yes we do need to draft a qb . now two more years my boy bobby reid will be coming out and he is a very good qb and he is alot like donnovan mcnabb. but we could use the following.
we should draft a olineman, olb, wr , te, rb, dt and safety, we can get a kicker in f/a and we can get a olineman in f/a but i would prioritize our needs like this.
priority 1 oline
priority 2 olb
priority 3 wr
priority 4 dt
priority 5 te
priority 6 rb
priority 7 olb or de
priority 8 qb

for the dolphins the most imortant need is o-line and 2ndary we need a replacement for micontoge he averages mor than 5yds of penalties a game:thewave:

In a perfect world, yes, we should be drafting an OL in round 1 of the draft.

But seriously, would you really draft a second or third round quality player in the first round just because our o-line needs attention, when there are other, better players to take with our first selection.......I DONT THINK SO.

I think it comes down to a list of 8-10 players incl. OL, DE, LB, S, CB, and we take whoever the coaches feel is the best available when it's our turn to pick.

We dont need a QB in the first round.....we have other needs at the moment.

In a perfect world, yes, we should be drafting and OL in round 1 of the draft.

But seriously, would you really draft a second or third round quality player in the first round just because out o-line needs attention, when there are other, better players to take with our first selection.......I DONT THINK SO.

I think it comes down to a list of 8-10 players incl. OL, LB, DE, S, CB, and we take whoever the coaches feel is the best available when it's our turn to pick.

We dont need a QB in the first round.....we have other needs at the moment.

I agree. We absolutely need to draft a QB every year. You never know when you'll hit on a great one. I read recently that we have drafted only 3 QBs in the past 16 drafts. Unbelievable. No wonder we have been horrible at the position since Marino retired. The most notable QB of the 3 we have drafted was Josh Heupel. (Oh boy).
After we have successfully hit on a good starting QB, we should still draft one every other season in preparation for seasons down the road, to solidify the back up role, to groon a future starter, and to build possible trade bait.

IluvJuMiami said:
We need a stud veteran Olineman out of FA and another stud in the first day of the draft. I doubt Saban is going to draft 3 Olinemen back to back to back and I wouldn't much be in favor of it either. But yes, main point, pick up a QB somewhere along the lines.
he drafted jason allen last year....

fins2354 said:
Does Miami not have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick?
At this time, we have all our alloted picks. We gave up a 2nd rounder to Minnesota this year for Daunte.

I am not a draft expert but why wait until the 6th round to pu a qb? Why not try and move up and pickup a Quinn or Smith quality qb. I am thinking the odds of busting on an ol pick are just as good as busting on a qb? I mean the last time we took a 1st round qb it worked out for us.

Back
Top Bottom