We have Too Many of These | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have Too Many of These

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Before anyone posts a new thread about trading for player or acquire a player they should know this

We will not sign any players for the following positions since we allready have too many of these

O-lineman : (LT,LG,RT,RG) maybe a Center (good competition there)
Running Back : (we allready had to cut like 3 of them, Minor is next)
D-Lineman : (No more) We drafted like 50
Linebacker : (Enough linebackers allready)
Cornerback : (I believe Madison, Howard, Poole, Daniels are good enough)
Kicker : (Mare is fine, his girlfriend left him so he was out of sync last year)
Punter : (Matt Turk way better than Royals and holds best for Mare)
Quaterback : A close source of mine told me Berlin is playing good in Mini-camps and Rosenfels could be in jeopardy)..By the way, give Feeley a chance in Camp.
FB ( Evans, Martin and Morris) One will be cut anyways
Tight End (McMike, Lee, Holmes) Good depth

All we need is a Safety and possibly a receiver unless Boston comes back. If you are researching players, search WR and SAFETIES.

gezzzzz

BenchFiedler said:
Before anyone posts a new thread about trading for player or acquire a player they should know this

We will not sign any players for the following positions since we allready have too many of these

Kicker : (Mare is fine, his girlfriend left him so he was out of sync last year)
Quaterback : A close source of mine told me Berlin is playing good in Mini-camps and Rosenfels could be in jeopardy)..By the way, give Feeley a chance in Camp.

All we need is a Safety and possibly a receiver unless Boston comes back. If you are researching players, search WR and SAFETIES.

gezzzzz

Saban is re-building a team so he'll teach a system and the one who fit the best before preseason stays and makes the team there's no real sure thing.

Why would we not sign any new DTs? We have plenty of DEs and 3-4 DEs but we don't have many pure DT/NTs. Just two with huge injury concerns.

Nick said he wants depth at LB,S and a WR to stretch the field.

We are not running the 3-4 as our base this year, and in the 4-3, Carter will play 90% of his snaps at DT IMO.

WHO CARES about that DT spot. The two-gap tackle spot is a MAJOR question right now. Bowens is 50/50 to even play and Chester's injury was not a joke. If we get stuck again with 295-300 pounders playing both DT spots again we are SCREWED for run defense.

So you dont think that Mario Edwards is going to make the team then...I think that its good to have more thatn 4 corners

BenchFiedler said:

gezzzzz

thanks for that, but apparently you really dont know what you're talking about.

We need DT, plain and simple. We need to get younger at that position, and as Jaj said, we have 2 guys with huge injury concerns.

LB. We dont have that many LBs that Saban likes. The ones that are 6'2 and over. We have a bunch of junk that Wanny left behind that will eventually be cleared out.

Mare. yada, yada, his girlfriend left him. he was terribly inconsistent, and should have NEVER let his personal life screw up his game. I'm kinda disappointed that Saban didn't bring in Tyler Jones from BSU for some competition. He's making way too much to be as inconsistent as he's been.

QBs. You can never have too many QBs when your QB situation is as wide-open as it is. Feeley will get a chance, as will Gus, Sage, and Brock. I wouldn't be suprised to see a June 1st addition here.

In conclusion, if you dont like what people type about, don't read the post. You don't control the team, and if people want to bring up people for conversation, don't automatically write it off just because you (a fan) don't want them.

BenchFiedler said:

gezzzzz

And you have this on who's authority ???

We can still sign anyone that can make our team better. It's never a bad thing when you have to many good players. Obviously we aren't going to break the bank open for a position we are looking pretty solid in, but there will still be plenty more signings, don't forget Saban has yet to see anyone actually play so basically most of the vets on our team don't have a secure spot on this team until they prove it.

BenchFiedler said:

gezzzzz

:lol:ur funny man..u basically said every position and we do need a CB none of thoose are really solid with the exception of madison, and as for safties we have tebucky jones and travers tillman we do need a WR and oculd use anoth o line man and you cant judge berlin after one mini camp?

The odds of Bowens being 50/50 are grossly overstated. That is a devastating injury for someone in his position. The constant contact makes his return highly unlikely. I'd give it 80/20 against returning for any duration of time. He might come back in a limited role. If he tries to go full time, he's done - quickly.

Saban would sign you Grandmother if she was better than any player on this team. He wants the best players. Period. Pray for Nick. He has much work ahead.

We don't need to pray for Nick. He's making 22 million dollars to live football. Things could be worse, work could be harder.

Back
Top Bottom