We Need A Goal Line Player!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need A Goal Line Player!!!

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nobody on our offense right now is a real good goal lineplayer, somebody that is going to fight for that exra yard to cross the goaline, or outmuscle/outjump DB's in the corner of the endzone to make that catch. We have some good players that are pretty decent around the goaline, but we just don't have the big physical guys that are gonna outfight defenders for the ball. Now don't get me wrong Chambers has made some OUTSTANDING catches, and some in the endzone where nearly nobody else would have made that catch, Mcmike has made some of these catches as well, but they're just not real physical players, plus defenses zone in on these two, and what other options do we have??? We eed a big bully down there, and Mike Williams would be perfect, but even if we go with somebody else in round 1 I think in the later rounds we should be trying to get somebody that fits this mold

Heath Evans-FB we got from Seattle. He is known for that and his blocking. He will be our "Moe Williams" in Linehans/Dolphins new offense! :D

outlawd2u said:
Nobody on our offense right now is a real good goal lineplayer, somebody that is going to fight for that exra yard to cross the goaline, or outmuscle/outjump DB's in the corner of the endzone to make that catch. We have some good players that are pretty decent around the goaline, but we just don't have the big physical guys that are gonna outfight defenders for the ball. Now don't get me wrong Chambers has made some OUTSTANDING catches, and some in the endzone where nearly nobody else would have made that catch, Mcmike has made some of these catches as well, but they're just not real physical players, plus defenses zone in on these two, and what other options do we have??? We eed a big bully down there, and Mike Williams would be perfect, but even if we go with somebody else in round 1 I think in the later rounds we should be trying to get somebody that fits this mold

Williams will be a stud down there, no doubt. But, who's going to get us there?

I would be pretty happy with Williams at #2 - since there are a lot of backs in this draft.

Uhhh... There already has been a goal-line and short yardage runner leaked. Earlier in the offseason, one of the newspapers said the team liked Sammy Morris in short yardage situations.

It makes sense to me. He did very well in those situations last season with us. He had what, 6 touchdowns last season? And on virtually all of them he put forth Herculean effort to get into the goal. If he cant power through, he is very good at jumping over the pile. How many times did we see him hit by defenders, but still find a way in? There were 2-3 instances where he was hit as he was jumping, and landed on top of the pile and kept moving and kept his knees off the ground?

ChambersWI said:
Gordon could probably be a good back if given the chance, but he runs smaller than he actually is.

Good point about Gordon. But you left out one word. MUCH smaller.

The best goal line back in this draft is T.A. McClendon.

Sammy Morris was pretty decent around the goal line, as he should be, having played fullback for most of his career.

Back
Top Bottom